Streaming over DLNA

The DAC has to be physically connected - usually indirectly via the amplification stage - to the speakers, so if you have speakers or headphones attached to your PC then the DAC in the PC will be used.
However, if you're using the WiiM/VLC app on your phone to play music to your WiiM Pro Plus (which has a DAC), then it will be the Pro Plus that performs the conversion, and everything before that will be in the digital domain.

You could even just connect your PC (analog out) to an amplifier and use the internal DAC, although it likely won't sound as good as an external DAC.
So, for instance, the built-in speakers of a laptop are not post DAC conversion? They're just playing a digital file?

Mconnect guys . Tidal from upnp - the best .
Mconnect Lite on Android doesn't sort tracks correctly when connected to a UPnP server. The ability to change the sort order is a paid feature, but using the incoming order should clearly be the default, and free I would have thought. Can anyone confirm that changing to 'No Sort' fixes the track ordering?

So, for instance, the built-in speakers of a laptop are not post DAC conversion? They're just playing a digital file?
Just because they're in the same chassis doesn't mean they don't need a DAC, it's just that all the cabling and amplification is internal.
Anything that outputs sound from a digital source needs a DAC to feed it

Last edited:
Mconnect Lite on Android doesn't sort tracks correctly when connected to a UPnP server. The ability to change the sort order is a paid feature, but using the incoming order should clearly be the default, and free I would have thought. Can anyone confirm that changing to 'No Sort' fixes the track ordering?
I use the paid version in iOS . You can sort there . I mean it is cheap

I have hundreds of local flac music files on my Android phone. Can these be played on a Wiim device over a wifi connection? And another question, Does Wiim support Windows' shared network folder from which flac files could be played?

Yes to the first, and for the second, only if you have Windows Media Sharing enabled or run a upnp server like MinimServer, AssetUPNP etc

Does Wiim support Windows' shared network folder from which flac files could be played?
As per the answer above, the wiim app itself does not, unless there's a media server running.
However, some other apps, such as bubbleupnp, do support smb file shares and can play them to the wiim without a media server.

Thanks for the information!. The most important functions for me are those. I don't use streaming services like Tidal.

Thanks for the information!. The most important functions for me are those. I don't use streaming services like Tidal.
If you're not going to use any of the other services available within the WiiM app then you're better off using the WiiM hardware as a UPnP endpoint and using a MUCH better control point such as BubbleUPnP or Hi-Fi Cast.

It's also worth using the free version of MinimServer over Windows Media Sharing as the latter doesn't support search and has track numbering issues. If you have extensive metadata then you may benefit from paid solutions such as MinimServer (licensed) or AssetUPnP.

Jos et aio käyttää muita WiiM-sovelluksessa saatavilla olevia palveluita, sinun on parempi käyttää WiiM-laitteistoa UPnP-päätepisteenä ja PALJON parempaa ohjauspistettä, kuten BubbleUPnP tai Hi-Fi. Heittää.

Myös MinimServerin ilmaista versiota kannattaa käyttää Windows Media Sharingin kautta, koska jälkimmäinen ei tue hakua ja siinä on raitojen numerointiongelmia. Jos sinulla on laajat metatiedot, saatat hyötyä maksullisista ratkaisuista, kuten MinimServer (lisensoitu) tai AssetUPnP.
Ok. I need to get to know those. Is the Wi-Fi playback of the device's internal memory music tracks available directly from the Weem application? Or do I need another app for that?

Ok. I need to get to know those. Is the Wi-Fi playback of the device's internal memory music tracks available directly from the Weem application? Or do I need another app for that?
The WiiM Home App will play tracks on the phones internal storage and those served by a UPnP Server, but there are better looking and more functional apps available (although the two I've mentioned aren't free).
Start with the WiiM Home App and take a look at BubbleUPnP and Hi-Fi Cast as they both offer free trials. BubbleUPnP does need a little configuring as it looks quite busy/complicated in its default setup.

Back