Support for plex

When you’re organizing 5,000 plus albums for radio programming - the cue sheets and simplified files made a lot of sense. Plus I was building this library long before there was gapless. I had real-time volume leveling on the play out system during radio days.

When you’re organizing 5,000 plus albums for radio programming - the cue sheets and simplified files made a lot of sense. Plus I was building this library long before there was gapless. I had real-time volume leveling on the play out system during radio days.
Do you mean proper AM/FM Radio?

On a slight tangent. Leaving aside the local playback it looks to me that Plexamp as a controller is Material

We preferred to call it dollar a holler. There is no money in Radio, Virginia😁
I did recently build a FLAC Internet Radio station to see if I could overcome the hurdles. It’s mothballed at present as we suddenly had to move our hosting environment. It used Squeezelite/LMS feeding an Icecast clone as a playout mechanism and we reverse engineered some of MAI for display on website using something called js.node

and ability to use Plex playlists, not just selecting individual tracks!
Not sure what you mean by that? Having support for Plex is all about being able to use the Plex or Plexamp apps for their browsing experience :)

And streaming directly, without the music being encoded through Airplay or Chromecast.

It supports gapless playback.
Just got my WiiM Pro in and unfortunately I can't get upnp to work properly with LMS... It won't skip to the next track automatically. So obviously I'm not getting gapless playback either. I'm using the standard settings in UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin (latest dev version), with 192/24bit selected.

If I stream to my TV, it does skip to the next track

Not sure what you mean by that? Having support for Plex is all about being able to use the Plex or Plexamp apps for their browsing experience :)

And streaming directly, without the music being encoded through Airplay or Chromecast.
Hi Pieterv1,

With Chromecast, the device such as WiiM Pro will connect to the music service cloud directly to get the compressed bitstream from there. There's no decoding and re-encoding involved in the process like AirPlay 2.

The same (no re-encoding) applies to Spotify Connect, TIDAL connect, Alexa casting or the music services integrated in the WiiM Home App. Thus, it usually provides better audio quality than AirPlay 2 especially for the lossless and Hi-Res audio content. Hope it clarifies. Thank you!

Just got my WiiM Pro in and unfortunately I can't get upnp to work properly with LMS... It won't skip to the next track automatically. So obviously I'm not getting gapless playback either. I'm using the standard settings in UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin (latest dev version), with 192/24bit selected.

If I stream to my TV, it does skip to the next track
Can you please send us a feedback with the WiiM Home App? We'll help look at this issue immediately. Thank you!

Lms, Plex and their ilk. Never seen Emby mentioned here, maybe give it a go?

Hi Pieterv1,

With Chromecast, the device such as WiiM Pro will connect to the music service cloud directly to get the compressed bitstream from there. There's no decoding and re-encoding involved in the process like AirPlay 2.

The same (no re-encoding) applies to Spotify Connect, TIDAL connect, Alexa casting or the music services integrated in the WiiM Home App. Thus, it usually provides better audio quality than AirPlay 2 especially for the lossless and Hi-Res audio content. Hope it clarifies. Thank you!
Thanks! I was already aware that Chromecast should generally provide better sound quality than airplay because of those particular reasons. However, while I still had my library in Alac, I noticed it was definitely transcoded when casting with the Plexamp app to my Chromecast Audio. I've since converted my entire library to Flac :)

However, 96Khz/24bit source files won't play from Plexamp on the WiiM Pro through Chromecast. The files are just skipped quickly. So that's another small issue (for now, I'll just convert the files)

Thanks! I was already aware that Chromecast should generally provide better sound quality than airplay because of those particular reasons. However, while I still had my library in Alac, I noticed it was definitely transcoded when casting with the Plexamp app to my Chromecast Audio. I've since converted my entire library to Flac :)

However, 96Khz/24bit source files won't play from Plexamp on the WiiM Pro through Chromecast. The files are just skipped quickly. So that's another small issue (for now, I'll just convert the files)
Hi Pieterv1,

Can you please take a look at this tutorial to setup your Plex server? I am pretty sure that 96k/24-bit (even 192k/24b) FLAC files should stream from Plex to WiiM devices w/o problem. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Thank you!

Hi Pieterv1,

Can you please take a look at this tutorial to setup your Plex server? I am pretty sure that 96k/24-bit (even 192k/24b) FLAC files should stream from Plex to WiiM devices w/o problem. Please give it a try and let us know if it works for you. Thank you!
I have already got the DLNA service running in Plexamp and can access it through the WiiM home app, thanks. However it's not the same thing and the browsing experience is not great - no search function even. Some albums are also missing, but I think that's a problem on my servers side. I hope SMB support, where the app actually indexes my library, will come soon! :)

I have already got the DLNA service running in Plexamp and can access it through the WiiM home app, thanks. However it's not the same thing and the browsing experience is not great - no search function even. Some albums are also missing, but I think that's a problem on my servers side. I hope SMB support, where the app actually indexes my library, will come soon! :)
Yes, we're working on the SMB and app indexing. Please stay tuned!

One of the reasons that plex support would be nice is that not every plex library is local - I have a server at home and I can use the Plex app to access it, as can friends with whom I've shared access, and they'd like to access my shared directories without having to use bluetooth and the Plex app as they can't stream in high res that way

Back