Support TIDAL HiRes FLAC (TIDAL MAX) api.

I guess that Tidal must provide api support for that as well. Or Connect related one.

For those who are interested in the economic side here is an interview with Tidal's CEO. Very interesting and one of the truest words I share: Streaming is too cheap for the users.

Hi, if you're interested in beta testing Tidal Hi-Res please fill out this form. We'll OTA the beta firmware next week.

Any update if stable version is released yet? I'm on a bluesound right now but they only have mqa so I'm strongly thinking of trade to a wiim pro plus instead.

Any update if stable version is released yet? I'm on a bluesound right now but they only have mqa so I'm strongly thinking of trade to a wiim pro plus instead.
Yes, I think it was released a week or so back.
Tidal Connect only at this point; Tidal from within wiim app v. soon.

Yes, I think it was released a week or so back.
Tidal Connect only at this point; Tidal from within wiim app v. soon.
Sounds awesome! Of topic question: In wiim app, stored tidal albums, do they show as a grid or list? I like the grid view in bluos (bluesounds app), something that not event the native Tidal app provide..

Sounds awesome! Of topic question: In wiim app, stored tidal albums, do they show as a grid or list? I like the grid view in bluos (bluesounds app), something that not event the native Tidal app provide..
Android app (ios may, or may not, be different).
My collection, Albums.
Large grid view, same sort options as Tidal.
tbh, too large for my liking, and there doesn't seem to be a way to reduce their size / get more on a single screen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-095732_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112-095732_WiiM Home.jpg
    970.6 KB · Views: 10
Android app (ios may, or may not, be different).
My collection, Albums.
Large grid view, same sort options as Tidal.
tbh, too large for my liking, and there doesn't seem to be a way to reduce their size / get more on a single screen.
But I like it 🤩 So, if I understand you correct, hi res flac will be supported through the wiim home app in the very near future?

But I like it 🤩 So, if I understand you correct, hi res flac will be supported through the wiim home app in the very near future?
Correct.

Edit: don't read 'early November' too literally!

Correct.

Edit: don't read 'early November' too literally!
Thank's! I'm trying to get a hold of everything. If I'm using an external DAC that doesn't support mqa, which format will the song play in then? How do I play 192khz 24 bit on Tidal today? Or is it not possible if it is mqa? It is the text in this picture I'm having a hard time to understand.. (Many stupid questions I know but I'm on my way leaving Bluesound for a Wiim pro plus instead so I wan't to know as much as possible. I really appreciate your time, and answers!)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112_225623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112_225623_Samsung Internet.jpg
    769.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank's! I'm trying to get a hold of everything. If I'm using an external DAC that doesn't support mqa, which format will the song play in then? How do I play 192khz 24 bit on Tidal today? Or is it not possible if it is mqa? It is the text in this picture I'm having a hard time to understand.. (Many stupid questions I know but I'm on my way leaving Bluesound for a Wiim pro plus instead so I wan't to know as much as possible. I really appreciate your time, and answers!)
According to what Tidal have stated elsewhere, you'll get high sample flac if it exists, else you'll get mqa.
Note that right now, with wiim, this is only via tidal connect, and only on the pros.
As mentioned, support for this for tidal within wiim is due shortly.

If Tidal provides an mqa file then you can enable mqa in the wiim app and choose No mqa, and the wiim app will do the first unfold, up to 96khz.
This is both via tidal connect or within the wiim app.
All that stuff about bit perfect settings for mqa only applies if you want an external dac to do all the mqa work. The external dac can only recognise it as an mqa signal if it's bit perfect (i.e. completely unmodified).

Hope that helps!

According to what Tidal have stated elsewhere, you'll get high sample flac if it exists, else you'll get mqa.
Note that right now, with wiim, this is only via tidal connect, and only on the pros.
As mentioned, support for this for tidal within wiim is due shortly.

If Tidal provides an mqa file then you can enable mqa in the wiim app and choose No mqa, and the wiim app will do the first unfold, up to 96khz.
This is both via tidal connect or within the wiim app.
All that stuff about bit perfect settings for mqa only applies if you want an external dac to do all the mqa work. The external dac can only recognise it as an mqa signal if it's bit perfect (i.e. completely unmodified).

Hope that helps!
So, if I'm not having an mqa dac, the only way i can get 192khz is flac via Tidal connect and soon in wiim Home app? Correct? 😅 Thank you so much for your replies!

Back