Too complicated, too many wires, not sure it will be an improvement.

CoppinsUK

Not sure if I will keep it?

Cannot even set it up!!!

Does not even link to any of my Chromecasts.

Cannot believe it will be a better sound than I already enjoy.

But I will persevere for a bit longer.

Wiim Pro Plus 2.
I've given up for the time being.
All very frustrating.
I wish that I could talk to someone.
Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.
Doug.

What do you intend to connect it to, an amp? If so, what make/model?

Have you managed to go thru setup in the WiiM Home app and connect it to your home network via wifi or Ethernet?

What music service(s) are you subscribed to that you want to use on the WiiM Pro Plus?

Q1 At the moment I am trying to connect to my Cambridge Azur 540R which is adjacent to my router and laptop.
Q2 Yes, I was able to setup WiiM Home app on my mobile and was able to connect to network, either by wifi or with the ethernet.
Q3 I do not subscribe to any music service and do not intend to do so. I have enough music already digitally downloaded which I play from my laptop using MusicBee through a "streamer" into Chromecast Audios attached to my various "legacy" Hi-FI systems around the house.

I desperately want to access all my 5 hi-fi systems around the house using WiiM - each of my systems (Marantz (x2), Cambridge (x2) and a Denon) are connected to my laptop via dedicated Chromecast Audio devices that are are accessed with Audiostreamer aka Chromecast.Desktop ( obtained from GitHub). I use either a Burr Brown or Sound Blaster DAC as USB add ons. The sound I get from each of these systems satisfies my aural palate - but I'm hoping that perhaps the WiiM will enhance my listening pleasure even more so. What do you think? Will the WiiM make much of a difference. "CheapAudioMan" seems to think so.

So far I have not got to hearing anything out of the WiiM. At one point I did hear a quiet "adjustment tone" - but nothing subsequently.

A warning: I am not an IT or computer expert - nor am I a Hi-Fi nut - I just want to get to hear beautiful sounds (at a reasonable cost) from my music systems. But I am determined.

Is it worth plodding on with WiiM or just give up?

I value any input that anyone can offer.

Thanking you.

Am I allowed to leave a telephone number just in case someone is prepared to speak to me in order to supply some detailed advice?

Your guidance please.

If I understand your post right, you want to connect a WiiM streamer to 5 different amp/receivers?

Or you're attempting to "slave-up" the Chromecast devices to the Wiim "master" via software?

🤔

You should be able to take the supplied rca leads from the line out of the WiiM Pro Plus and feed that into the AVR’s input - any of the CD/aux thru to Tape Play inputs. Try just selecting BBC radio from the WiiM Home app, and selecting Line out from the Pro Plus’ Audio Output settings and check that you can play that ok thru the AVR.

You won’t be able to use the WiiM to send audio to your other ChromeCast connected audio systems - the WiiM is just a ChromeCast receiver, not transmitter, so you may already have hit a brick wall…

I think that you are right A BRICK WALL - in other words unsuitable for my purposes, I think.

But I am determined to get a sound out of it before it is returned to Amazon.

Many thanks for your help so far.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers.

Sounds like your needs might be best met with a few discontinued Chromecast Audio pucks. Getting my WiiM Pro Plus up and running was/is a slowish process for me. I would do as Brantome indicates, using one of the in app radio streams to confirm the WiiM will give you audio out. Then you can move onto other functions.

I got mine working this way, then got frustated because I connected a CD player to Line In and saw the light go green which meant I had chosen that input so why no sound? I fumbled my way around the app and eventually saw that the WiiM input was on Bluetooth, not Line In. When I switched it to Line In, sound from the CD player. Later I discovered the automatic input detection default is set to off in the app.

There have been other quirks. I am still learning how it behaves. The app may be much better than other apps out there but on an absolute scale is is not Primo.

I give WiiM huge credit for their integration with Alexa. The WiiM is so far behaving exactly the same as my Amazon Echo speakers.

Last edited:
Hi CoppinsUK,

can you clarify what it is that you are hoping to add to your existing multi room setup in terms of content and functionality by adding in the Wiim ?
you said that mainly play back downloaded content stored on your laptop and have no interest in online music services so what is it that the Wiim can do that you do not have available to you already ?

Thanks

Back