Update : 5.0.608834

Wiimer

Major Contributor
Wiim amp update. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edit :

There is a possibility that there will be no sound from the subwoofer after the update. In that case, Please try the following:

1. Turn off the power of Subwoofer
2. Unplug the WiiM amp power cable
(3. Unplug the subwoofer cable)
(4. Connect the subwoofer cable)
5. Connect the WiiM amp power cable
6. Turn on the power of Subwoofer

If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the app and factory resetting your device.

@WiiM Support , @WiiMTeam ,
I told you yesterday that I solved it in a support ticket, but it seems that there is a problem with the update.

Screenshot_2024-02-29-15-37-09-428_com.linkplay.wiimhome-edit.jpg

Last edited:
After the update, there is no sound from the sub-out.

reboot
reset
reinstall
Reconnecting the Power and Subwoofer Cables

I tried these and it solved the problem.๐Ÿ™‚
I'm tired!

After the update, there is no sound from the sub-out.

reboot
reset
reinstall
Reconnecting the Power and Subwoofer Cables

I tried these and it solved the problem.๐Ÿ™‚
I'm tired!
Im not doing the update then..๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Hope wiim can fix this .as a costumer I want to rely on not spending lots of time bringing a sub back on again.
I'm going to decline the update.

Last edited:
Im not doing the update then..๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Hope wiim can fix this .as a costumer I want to rely on not spending lots of time bringing a sub back on again.
I'm going to decline the update.
Unfortunately, you can't keep refusing to update. Maybe WiiM will sneak it over while you're sleeping. ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜ช

The problem that happened to me may not happen to you, but I think it will probably be solved by unplugging the cable.
Good luck. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Unfortunately, you can't keep refusing to update. Maybe WiiM will sneak it over while you're sleeping. ๐Ÿคค๐Ÿ˜ช

The problem that happened to me may not happen to you, but I think it will probably be solved by unplugging the cable.
Good luck. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Hopefully it won't happen to me.๐Ÿ˜žFor now I'm going to decline the update...if still possible.
Where can I see which firmware I'm on?
Thanks again for the information and help ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Hopefully it won't happen to me.๐Ÿ˜žFor now I'm going to decline the update...if still possible.
Where can I see which firmware I'm on?
Thanks again for the information and help ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
Gear icon in the device card > Device Info

Received the update.
Couldn't decline.
No sub anymore.. not working.
Unplugged the power cable.
Hopefully the sub will work again..
Will keep you updated.

Sub working again ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Thanks @Wimmer for al the help

Never could do without the sub..
Ps audio was right..a sub can be essential.
It is essential..
Listening to the new album of woven hand now. The sub makes the experience...so much intenser.
A spiritual voyage..as intended is there ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
So great... unbelievable ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Music with true intentions..

Last edited:
Never could do without the sub..
Ps audio was right..a sub can be essential.
It is essential..
Listening to the new album of woven hand now. The sub makes the experience...so much intenser.
A spiritual voyage..as intended is there ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
So great... unbelievable ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
Yes, me too. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

I'm glad your subwoofer came to life right away. It took me an hour to recover while I was sweating. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes, me too. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

I'm glad your subwoofer came to life right away. It took me an hour to recover while I was sweating. ๐Ÿ˜‚
I was sweating too at first hand when discovering it didn't work๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
Sound without the sub..so different.
Can't do without it๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜Š

Woven hand with the sub..๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Read this after I did the update but fortunately no issues for me, sub working fine.

Anyone know what happened to USB output? Wasn't that supposed to be in this update?

Read this after I did the update but fortunately no issues for me, sub working fine.

Anyone know what happened to USB output? Wasn't that supposed to be in this update?
The roadmap literally said "upcoming features", not "features in next update". :)

Roon Ready certification and per-source EQ are other features expected to arrive soon, but not right now.

Wiim amp update. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Edit :

There is a possibility that there will be no sound from the subwoofer after the update. In that case, Please try the following:

1. Turn off the power of Subwoofer
2. Unplug the WiiM amp power cable
(3. Unplug the subwoofer cable)
(4. Connect the subwoofer cable)
5. Connect the WiiM amp power cable
6. Turn on the power of Subwoofer

If this doesn't help, try reinstalling the app and factory resetting your device.

@WiiM Support , @WiiMTeam ,
I told you yesterday that I solved it in a support ticket, but it seems that there is a problem with the update.

View attachment 5328
For me, HDMI ARC went from mostly working until it doesn't at which point I have to do ungodly things to the TV to get it back to ... completely busted :-(

LG TV 'B9' series

After many convolutions I got some sound out, lasted a little while, but got quickly back to just scratch noises coming out of the speakers.

For me, HDMI ARC went from mostly working until it doesn't at which point I have to do ungodly things to the TV to get it back to ... completely busted :-(

LG TV 'B9' series

After many convolutions I got some sound out, lasted a little while, but got quickly back to just scratch noises coming out of the speakers.
Due to the significant fixes made in this update, you may need to reset all your devices and connections.

1. Unplug power adapter of all devices connected to the WiiM.
2. Unplug power adapter of the WiiM.
3. Unplug all audio cables.
4. After more than 10 minutes, connect the audio cable and turn on the power.

I hope this helps you.

Due to the significant fixes made in this update, you may need to reset all your devices and connections.

1. Unplug power adapter of all devices connected to the WiiM.
2. Unplug power adapter of the WiiM.
3. Unplug all audio cables.

I hope this helps you.
I opened an issue, maybe they can come collect debug data from my amp to help diagnose this.

And should you decide to go this extra mile, please do yourself a favor and stick to this exact order. In theory, HDMI is designed for hot plugging. In practice, just too many things can go wrong. So, better undo and redo all HDMI connections when power is physically unplugged.

If you have a couple of hours (or at least 10 minutes for a start ;)) this looks like a pretty good resource:

And then there's anecdotical evidence, like e.g. here:

Also - as stupid as it may sound - make sure all plugs are fully inserted. Better check twice, not fully plugged HDMI connectors are not too uncommon (even if this is not likely to be the reason for HDMI ARC not working after the firmware update).

Iโ€™ve always found HDMI to be the worst connector. You have to get position and angle perfect to get it in. Not helped when youโ€™re trying to get it in the back of an expensive TV without knocking the TV of its stand, often whilst simultaneously trying not to knock your speaker off its stand, which is right next to the edge of the TV.

BAH HUMBUG!

Back