WiFi strenght connection of WiiM Pro

Maurizio

Major Contributor
I have both Mini & Pro. They are placed in the same place and the Mini is upon the Pro. Both connected via WiFi 5 Ghz. Both are more or less at 3/4 meters from the router and there are no obstacles like walls.
Well, if i look at Network status for the Mini i have a RSSI that range from =53 to -56
Looking at the same value for Pro i have a RSSI that range from -56 to -65/6
iIt would appear that the Pro's connection is weaker and more unstable
Has anyone else noticed the same thing? I'm curious :unsure:

The same place is not enough. Even the orientation against the AP can matter. Rotate your Mini and you will see how RSSI changes.

Ok. I can understand, but they are one on the other. Same perfect orientation with respect to the router.
It's an orientation of the device but not the orientation of the internal antenna. I can rotate my Mini to get RSSI worse by 15 dBm immediately.

Ok, now it’s clear. Fortunately it seems that even with an RSSI of - 66 I have no connection problems. Music flows without interruption.

Yes, it's not uncommon for different devices to have varying levels of signal strength even if they're placed in the same location. This can be due to factors such as the type of antenna used, the orientation of the device, and any interference from other devices. If the Mini is consistently showing a stronger signal, it could simply be better suited to your particular environment. However, if the Pro's connection is significantly weaker or unstable, it may be worth troubleshooting to see if there are any factors contributing to this issue, such as interference from other devices or network congestion.

Yes, it's not uncommon for different devices to have varying levels of signal strength even if they're placed in the same location. This can be due to factors such as the type of antenna used, the orientation of the device, and any interference from other devices. If the Mini is consistently showing a stronger signal, it could simply be better suited to your particular environment. However, if the Pro's connection is significantly weaker or unstable, it may be worth troubleshooting to see if there are any factors contributing to this issue, such as interference from other devices or network congestion.
Hi @Emily
My line is on Fiber. I use 5Ghz and i have no congestion and occasionally I inspect my line with a special program. I have max signal.
Probably in the Pro either the antennas are different, or they are positioned differently.
Being square it is not even possible to rotate the Pro.
More than anything it was still a curiosity, because I have no problem in reproduction.

Back