WiiM HTTP API - misc items

river24

Main post updated.

And something quite interesting, I think. getStatusEx method of http api returns "PCB_version": "3" for the new unit. For the old one it's "PCB_version": "2".
Can you be more specific about how to check this?

unable to ascertain what my wiim ip is. Is there any other way to check such as serial no of the unit?

unable to ascertain what my wiim ip is. Is there any other way to check such as serial no of the unit?
It should be shown in the Network Status screen in the wiim app.
But this is waaay off topic... (move it, mod?)

Thanks. It is equally applicable to the Pro? I'd guess it would need to be expanded somewhat.
@onlyoneme or @cc_rider are probably the guys best placed to answer that, but I get the feeling it perhaps hasn’t been updated for the later models. Maybe an app like upnptool could be used to investigate the traffic to see if there are any other commands in use.

@onlyoneme or @cc_rider are probably the guys best placed to answer that, but I get the feeling it perhaps hasn’t been updated for the later models. Maybe an app like upnptool could be used to investigate the traffic to see if there are any other commands in use.
This thread is referring to the HTTP interface, which should be the same on all WiiM devices, though I haven't tested any of them.

UPnP Tool is for the WiiM UPnP interface, which is much richer, with many more methods, but a bit harder to use from a browser, requiring an extension.

This thread is referring to the HTTP interface, which should be the same on all WiiM devices, though I haven't tested any of them.

UPnP Tool is for the WiiM UPnP interface, which is much richer, with many more methods, but a bit harder to use from a browser, requiring an extension.
Thanks for clarifying that - it’s clear I don’t have a clue about either 😂😂

Sure. I was thinking that the feature set for Pro is rather richer, so there could be a broader set of definitions for the parameters returned.

BTW, no one has verified his unit PCB yet? I'm surprised.
What about you, @Brantome ? I can see the response from your Plus that you sent me before the release, and "PCB_version" was "0" ;)

BTW, no one has verified his unit PCB yet? I'm surprised.
My WiiM Pro Plus returns "PCB_version": "2"
Bought it 2 weeks ago from an online vendor in China , was hoping for new improved analog board, but... So far can’t really comment on analog out quality as it plays into my KEF LSX Aux input, which redigitizes it. My big analog rig is yet to move houses, then I’ll be equipped to do a little DAC shootout.

Based solely on classic FFT measurements, I wouldn't bother with a new revision at all.
Yeah, the difference looks rather… academic, so to say. But for academic purposes, if I ever find myself in need of a third WiiM device in my household, I’d hope it’s Plus V2 or whatever, if only to test my own positive bias😉

Back