Wiim Mini - songs stop playing randomly within first ~3 minutes of play after latest app+firmware updates

GlitchyMcGlitchFace

HI, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but since the most recent app + firmware updates (Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356) I am experiencing spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected". This is incredibly frustrating, as one might imagine; the device is currently unusable.

Prior to this, I've been using my Wiim Mini without any issues since November.

I have rebooted all the devices multiple times, etc.

The Wi-fi router is in the same room as the Wiim Mini and has line of sight signal strength.

Wiim Mini, using wi-fi (full strength signal), Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356 ; iOS 16.6

Any ideas, or anyone else with this issue? 🤔 TIA for any help!

Have you submitted a ticket to Wiim so they can check your device and app logs? Once you’ve done that, you might want to delete and re install the app and see if that helps.

HI, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but since the most recent app + firmware updates (Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356) I am experiencing spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected". This is incredibly frustrating, as one might imagine; the device is currently unusable.

Prior to this, I've been using my Wiim Mini without any issues since November.

I have rebooted all the devices multiple times, etc.

The Wi-fi router is in the same room as the Wiim Mini and has line of sight signal strength.

Wiim Mini, using wi-fi (full strength signal), Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356 ; iOS 16.6

Any ideas, or anyone else with this issue? 🤔 TIA for any help!
Hi There,

Do you have other Bluetooth device connected with your Mini? If so, please disconnect this device and see if you still have this issue. Thank you!

Thanks for the replies.

Have you submitted a ticket to Wiim so they can check your device and app logs? Once you’ve done that, you might want to delete and re install the app and see if that helps.

I have not submitted a formal ticket yet but I will do that today as I have time. I will also try deleting and re-adding the app.

Hi There,

Do you have other Bluetooth device connected with your Mini? If so, please disconnect this device and see if you still have this issue. Thank you!

Thank you for your specific suggestion, but in this case, I do not have any secondary BT connections. My only connections to my Wiim Mini are my iPhone-via-WiFi, and I connect a second internet audio device using the analog mini phone jack Aux. In port.

I will try playing music while disconnecting the Aux. in device (which is and has been turned off) and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the replies. I have not submitted a formal ticket yet but I will do that today as I have time.

Thank you for your specific suggestion, but in this case, I do not have any secondary BT connections. My only connections to my Wiim Mini are my iPhone-via-WiFi, and I connect a second internet audio device using the analog mini phone jack Aux. In port.

I will try playing music while disconnecting the Aux. in device (which is and has been turned off) and see if that makes any difference. Thanks for your help!
Ok, it appears some false alarm comes from your Aux-input. You can turn off the ‘auto-sense” and see if helps. Thank you!

Ok, it appears some false alarm comes from your Aux-input. You can turn off the ‘auto-sense” and see if helps. Thank you!

Thanks. The 'auto-sense' option was not enabled, fwiw, but I will try unplugging the external input cable from the Wiim Mini and see if that makes a difference. Will report back, one way or the other.

Update: Still no joy; support ticket submitted.

I have performed all of the suggestions so far in this thread, but it continues to exhibit the same issue as before. Thanks again for your help.

spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected".
Seeing same on my mini. Have also noted random cessation of Amazon playlist stream through wiim app.

Started happening to my Wiim pro today as well after a firmware update. Stops playing on apple music and radio stations from the wiim app. I'm on a different firmware, 4.8.526344, also on a iphone. The only other connection I have is my TV via optical. Just submitted a ticket.

You might need to elaborate on that, otherwise my answer is that you simply press the connect icon and choose the wiim - not much pain there ;)
Although my internet connection is stable and strong , when I steam from tidal app using tidal connect , I get pauses for a few seconds . When I change song from a list the next song may not start playing at all and if I go to the next it will play it will stop - play - stop . It happens all the time . Some songs can play through just ok . Only using tidal hi fi

Although my internet connection is stable and strong , when I steam from tidal app using tidal connect , I get pauses for a few seconds . When I change song from a list the next song may not start playing at all and if I go to the next it will play it will stop - play - stop . It happens all the time . Some songs can play through just ok . Only using tidal hi fi
Does clearing the Tidal app cache help?

Maybe worthwhile raising a ticket if you haven’t already

Back