Wiim Mini - songs stop playing randomly within first ~3 minutes of play after latest app+firmware updates

GlitchyMcGlitchFace

HI, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but since the most recent app + firmware updates (Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356) I am experiencing spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected". This is incredibly frustrating, as one might imagine; the device is currently unusable.

Prior to this, I've been using my Wiim Mini without any issues since November.

I have rebooted all the devices multiple times, etc.

The Wi-fi router is in the same room as the Wiim Mini and has line of sight signal strength.

Wiim Mini, using wi-fi (full strength signal), Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356 ; iOS 16.6

Any ideas, or anyone else with this issue? 🤔 TIA for any help!

Hi Navdak1,

The issue often hinges on how the DAC processes audio PCM at varying sample rates. Some DACs struggle with clock adjustments when the sample rate changes, unless the DAC output is muted before altering the clock. When you set it to 16/44.1k, the sample rate remains constant, eliminating the clicking sound.

What's DAC brand and model?
I don't use a DAC, just an Edifier multimedia and sub.

I can't see any info on its DAC, but as said, some do have an issue on clock changes - iirc. some DAC suppliers like Schiit are very open about this on some of their models. Have you tried using their analogue inputs from your WiiM, using the WiiM DAC compared to whatever DAC the Edifiers might be using? You might not notice any difference in how it sounds and as the WiiM will be taking care of any sample rate changes, you won't hear any clicks.

I can't see any info on its DAC, but as said, some do have an issue on clock changes - iirc. some DAC suppliers like Schiit are very open about this on some of their models. Have you tried using their analogue inputs from your WiiM, using the WiiM DAC compared to whatever DAC the Edifiers might be using? You might not notice any difference in how it sounds and as the WiiM will be taking care of any sample rate changes, you won't hear any clicks.
Ok I’ll try. Thanks

Back