Wiim Mini - songs stop playing randomly within first ~3 minutes of play after latest app+firmware updates

GlitchyMcGlitchFace

HI, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but since the most recent app + firmware updates (Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356) I am experiencing spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected". This is incredibly frustrating, as one might imagine; the device is currently unusable.

Prior to this, I've been using my Wiim Mini without any issues since November.

I have rebooted all the devices multiple times, etc.

The Wi-fi router is in the same room as the Wiim Mini and has line of sight signal strength.

Wiim Mini, using wi-fi (full strength signal), Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356 ; iOS 16.6

Any ideas, or anyone else with this issue? 🤔 TIA for any help!

Started happening to my Wiim pro today as well after a firmware update. Stops playing on apple music and radio stations from the wiim app. I'm on a different firmware, 4.8.526344, also on a iphone. The only other connection I have is my TV via optical. Just submitted a ticket.
Me too on the WiiM Pro Plus after last firmware update.

HI, I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but since the most recent app + firmware updates (Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356) I am experiencing spontaneous and random music stoppage when playing music from phone, via a playlist, to the Wiim Mini over wi-fi. I cannot play more than 2-3 minutes of music without experiencing this issue. When I check my app, the Wiim app has lost my music selection and shows "no music selected". This is incredibly frustrating, as one might imagine; the device is currently unusable.

Prior to this, I've been using my Wiim Mini without any issues since November.

I have rebooted all the devices multiple times, etc.

The Wi-fi router is in the same room as the Wiim Mini and has line of sight signal strength.

Wiim Mini, using wi-fi (full strength signal), Wii Mini App v2.5.5.2308418 ; firmware 4.6.524356 ; iOS 16.6

Any ideas, or anyone else with this issue? 🤔 TIA for any help!
Me too the same issue playing from QOBUZ on the WiiM Pro Plus after last firmware update

Hi Team,

We've identified a compatibility issue with PEQ when the Graphics EQ was previously used. This bug has been fixed, but as a result, PEQ won't be active in the latest firmware update for the WiiM Mini. Expect the feature to be rolled out in a week's time.

For users of the WiiM Pro and Pro Plus, the new OTA update already includes the enabled PEQ feature.

Sometimes playback freezes when playing music in a playlist, tracks start switching by themselves until playback starts from one of them.
WiiM mini App Version: 2.6.9.23102514

Attachments

• IMG_6584.png
    IMG_6584.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6585.png
    IMG_6585.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 7
Sometimes playback freezes when playing music in a playlist, tracks start switching by themselves until playback starts from one of them.
Try rebooting your router and WiiM device, and if using Tidal Connect, clear the Tidal app cache and reboot your phone

Please also send a feedback ticket so our Eng. team can look at this promptly. Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience caused!

Please also send a feedback ticket so our Eng. team can look at this promptly. Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience caused!
Thanks for the answer.
Although this thread is of a different problem, sorry for the offtopic. What about the clicks when it switches to a different bitrate. With the subwoofer it's a double chest punch every time👀 Forced to only use 16/44.1 in the app.

Thanks for the answer.
Although this thread is of a different problem, sorry for the offtopic. What about the clicks when it switches to a different bitrate. With the subwoofer it's a double chest punch every time👀 Forced to only use 16/44.1 in the app.
Have you submitted a ticket detailing the DAC you use etc so WiiM can investigate? Have you tried using the fade-in setting under your WiiM's audio settings to see if that helps?

Thanks for the answer.
Hi Navdak1,

The issue often hinges on how the DAC processes audio PCM at varying sample rates. Some DACs struggle with clock adjustments when the sample rate changes, unless the DAC output is muted before altering the clock. When you set it to 16/44.1k, the sample rate remains constant, eliminating the clicking sound.

What's DAC brand and model?

Back