WiiM pro app cannot find device

Kysoccercrazy

So I got my WiiM pro two days ago and setup was flawless. However, I have noticed that my phone is unable to detect the WiiM after it goes to sleep. I tried touching the play button to get it out of sleep mode and the white light gets brighter. My phone, (iphone xs), still cannot find it. I tried using an Android tablet and it did find it. Although, it will randomly disconnect when using the app. I have to renter the app and it works instantly again only to repeat the cycle every ten min or so. I tried someone else's iphone and no luck. I tried turning off the wifi on my phone and connecting again with no luck. It will only work if I reboot my phone. Anyone know why this is.

So I got my WiiM pro two days ago and setup was flawless. However, I have noticed that my phone is unable to detect the WiiM after it goes to sleep. I tried touching the play button to get it out of sleep mode and the white light gets brighter. My phone, (iphone xs), still cannot find it. I tried using an Android tablet and it did find it. Although, it will randomly disconnect when using the app. I have to renter the app and it works instantly again only to repeat the cycle every ten min or so. I tried someone else's iphone and no luck. I tried turning off the wifi on my phone and connecting again with no luck. It will only work if I reboot my phone. Anyone know why this is.
It's WiFi connected?

It's WiFi connected?
Yes. The wifi is connected and it's visible on connected devices on my router. My phone instantly finds it once I restart it. It will stay connected until I stop playing music and the WiiM pro goes to sleep mode. If I try finding it again with my phone, I can't, I have to reboot my phone then it finds it again.

Yes. The wifi is connected and it's visible on connected devices on my router. My phone instantly finds it once I restart it. It will stay connected until I stop playing music and the WiiM pro goes to sleep mode. If I try finding it again with my phone, I can't, I have to reboot my phone then it finds it again.
Did you try with another wireless freq? I assume 5 GHz currently, so 2.4 GHz? Are you able to verify with wired ethernet also?
I would suspect wireless power management settings on the router if it's not a WiiM's issue and not a phone issue.

Did you try with another wireless freq? I assume 5 GHz currently, so 2.4 GHz? Are you able to verify with wired ethernet also?
I would suspect wireless power management settings on the router if it's not a WiiM's issue and not a phone issue.
It's currently on the 2.4ghz because it's far from the router and 2.4ghz signal is stronger than 5ghz at that range. I just want to know why I have to restart my phone to connect after the WiiM pro wakes from sleep mode. Keep in mind my tablet will find it always.

I'm reviving this because the issue is honestly getting worse. I used to be able to connect to my device once I restarted my phone but not anymore. I can spend up to 15 minutes to try to connect to the WiiM using the WiiM home app. I open the map, it searches, then I see that my WiiM is only but I cannot connect to it. It is a pain to try to connect to. Anyone else having this issue.

I'm having a similar issue and about send my wiim pro back, it's so frustrating. Could it be there are two many devices drawing on the WiFi?

I'm having a similar issue and about send my wiim pro back, it's so frustrating. Could it be there are two many devices drawing on the WiFi?
It's random. The last two days have actually been working fine. I did reset my entire internet connection though.

I know someone who just got one and I asked to see his network settings. I changed mine to match his and it's been better. I have preferred DNS on, wifi roaming off, and ipv6 on.

The only time I've had this issue (a couple of nights ago) was when the wifi signal to either my tablet or the wiim mini was too weak.
I fairly quickly realised it was a basic network issue somewhere as the (ethernet) pro and the (wifi) mini would both randomly drop off the app and reappear.
Took me a couple of hours longer to realise that, having moved one of the modems, I'd plugged the incoming ethernet cable into the wrong port so it was no longer acting as an access point...

The only time I've had this issue (a couple of nights ago) was when the wifi signal to either my tablet or the wiim mini was too weak.
I fairly quickly realised it was a basic network issue somewhere as the (ethernet) pro and the (wifi) mini would both randomly drop off the app and reappear.
Took me a couple of hours longer to realise that, having moved one of the modems, I'd plugged the incoming ethernet cable into the wrong port so it was no longer acting as an access point...
On mine the signal strength is listed as very good. I have no issues with it other than the app finding the device. When it does connect there are no hiccups

The signal strength is fine. There is zero issue with signal strength.
Well, you say that, but.... :)
I was happily using my playstation (on wifi) on the shelf right above the mini.
Mini would play a bit of a song, pause for a while, play for a while, drop off both the wiim and tidal apps, come back for a short while... rinse and repeat.
All the while I was playing PS network games with no issues.
Which is another reason it took me a while to realise my modem connection was incorrect.

But yes, when it did show in the app its signal strength was never very good, unlike yours.

I have tried it closer to the router but that didn't help. The WiiM home app always shows my WiiM is online but it just struggles to make the connection. I have an Asus router rt-ac3100 and an iphone xs.

I'm still having issues as well and agree the signal strength doesn't appear to be the problem. I haven't yet checked performance when plugged into ethernet but will test tonight. Couple more things to look out for: do you have lots of devices using the same (probably 2.4ghz) band? Despite signal and speed, this can cause devices to drop out. I definitely have this issue as I've recently upgraded lots of smart home stuff. The router may need an upgrade and/or more devices moved to 5ghz. Just a theory!

Really no chance for ethernet?
My personal experience with this repeaters are bad all over. For audio i would avoid it. So, if you purchase look that you can have a try and the possibility to return it. But maybe my results are randomly and not generally valid.
In business and private we use (our German) AVM Fritz!Box without any problems. But a cable is never to substitute (in my ears 😉)

Supplement: If i understand our IT guy right each repeater cut in half the bandwith. So preferable will be a powerlan solution via the wall sockets. Only a hint..

Last edited:
Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

Forget and re-pair the controller: In your iPhone's Bluetooth settings, forget the WiiM controller, and then try to pair it again from scratch. Make sure the controller is in pairing mode (hold down the sync button until the lights start flashing) before attempting to connect.

Reset your iPhone's network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all of your network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth connections. After the reset is complete, try pairing your WiiM controller again.

Update your iPhone's software: Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Check for interference: Other devices in the area may be interfering with the Bluetooth signal. Try moving your iPhone and the WiiM controller away from other devices, or turn off other Bluetooth devices in the area to see if that helps.

Contact customer support: If none of the above steps help, you may want to contact the manufacturer of your WiiM controller or Apple's customer support for further assistance.

Back