WiiM pro app cannot find device

Kysoccercrazy

So I got my WiiM pro two days ago and setup was flawless. However, I have noticed that my phone is unable to detect the WiiM after it goes to sleep. I tried touching the play button to get it out of sleep mode and the white light gets brighter. My phone, (iphone xs), still cannot find it. I tried using an Android tablet and it did find it. Although, it will randomly disconnect when using the app. I have to renter the app and it works instantly again only to repeat the cycle every ten min or so. I tried someone else's iphone and no luck. I tried turning off the wifi on my phone and connecting again with no luck. It will only work if I reboot my phone. Anyone know why this is.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

Forget and re-pair the controller: In your iPhone's Bluetooth settings, forget the WiiM controller, and then try to pair it again from scratch. Make sure the controller is in pairing mode (hold down the sync button until the lights start flashing) before attempting to connect.

Reset your iPhone's network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all of your network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth connections. After the reset is complete, try pairing your WiiM controller again.

Update your iPhone's software: Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Check for interference: Other devices in the area may be interfering with the Bluetooth signal. Try moving your iPhone and the WiiM controller away from other devices, or turn off other Bluetooth devices in the area to see if that helps.

Contact customer support: If none of the above steps help, you may want to contact the manufacturer of your WiiM controller or Apple's customer support for further assistance.
I neither have an iPhone nor am I connecting with wiim on Bluetooth. Are you sure this is the right advice?

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

Forget and re-pair the controller: In your iPhone's Bluetooth settings, forget the WiiM controller, and then try to pair it again from scratch. Make sure the controller is in pairing mode (hold down the sync button until the lights start flashing) before attempting to connect.

Reset your iPhone's network settings: Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset all of your network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords and Bluetooth connections. After the reset is complete, try pairing your WiiM controller again.

Update your iPhone's software: Make sure your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update.

Check for interference: Other devices in the area may be interfering with the Bluetooth signal. Try moving your iPhone and the WiiM controller away from other devices, or turn off other Bluetooth devices in the area to see if that helps.

Contact customer support: If none of the above steps help, you may want to contact the manufacturer of your WiiM controller or Apple's customer support for further assistance.
sadly this did not work. I appreciate the help though.

I'm still having issues as well and agree the signal strength doesn't appear to be the problem. I haven't yet checked performance when plugged into ethernet but will test tonight. Couple more things to look out for: do you have lots of devices using the same (probably 2.4ghz) band? Despite signal and speed, this can cause devices to drop out. I definitely have this issue as I've recently upgraded lots of smart home stuff. The router may need an upgrade and/or more devices moved to 5ghz. Just a theory!
I do have alot of devices on 2.4ghz. I would use the 5ghz but that is not a strong signal where I have it setup. Ethernet is not an option for me either. I noticed my phone generally has a hard time finding devices on our wifi. It's a bit better when I use an old android tablet. How long does it generally take for you all to find your device through the app.

Normally less than a second. With my old iPad (2019 and this ipad or a newer one is the only Apple unit i will own for the rest of my life) and my Samsung S22. The WiiM here is on ethernet. But i have to say it happened 2x in now 6 months (and the Pro is not often very often in use because its not our normal living place) that it didn't find the connection. Power cable has a switch, and off and on again solved it within a minute. That is an issue i can very good live with due to the price of the Pro. And i am sure the WiiM tecs are at work.

sadly this did not work. I appreciate the help though.

I do have alot of devices on 2.4ghz. I would use the 5ghz but that is not a strong signal where I have it setup. Ethernet is not an option for me either. I noticed my phone generally has a hard time finding devices on our wifi. It's a bit better when I use an old android tablet. How long does it generally take for you all to find your device through the app.
It takes ages to find the device through the wiim app, if it finds it at all. I think wiim suggests using 5ghz if you can. I'm sure the issue for us is related to having a congested 2.4ghz band, but I'm not sure how we resolve it. New router vs balancing devices between 2.4 and 5ghz etc

The post above is correct. You need to start fresh with finding the WiiM in the app. Delete the old one. It finds the new one very quickly.

Just posting to add a data point. I have a Wiim Mini and Pro and it takes my Samsung S22 phone just 1 or 2 seconds to find both. Have never had an issue in the few months I've had the players. I would note both are connecting via a 5 GHz connection.

Just posting to add a data point. I have a Wiim Mini and Pro and it takes my Samsung S22 phone just 1 or 2 seconds to find both. Have never had an issue in the few months I've had the players. I would note both are connecting via a 5 GHz connection.
Glad it's working out for you. My router doesn't support 5ghz so there's a limitation for me there

So I got my WiiM pro two days ago and setup was flawless. However, I have noticed that my phone is unable to detect the WiiM after it goes to sleep. I tried touching the play button to get it out of sleep mode and the white light gets brighter. My phone, (iphone xs), still cannot find it. I tried using an Android tablet and it did find it. Although, it will randomly disconnect when using the app. I have to renter the app and it works instantly again only to repeat the cycle every ten min or so. I tried someone else's iphone and no luck. I tried turning off the wifi on my phone and connecting again with no luck. It will only work if I reboot my phone. Anyone know why this is.
Sometimes it happens on my Android phone, try closing the app, turn off wifi, and turn on again. Open the Wiip app and see if it works for you. Sometimes when I unplug the device,it happens too. Hope it works for you.

Sometimes it happens on my Android phone, try closing the app, turn off wifi, and turn on again. Open the Wiip app and see if it works for you. Sometimes when I unplug the device,it happens too. Hope it works for you.

I forgot to update this thread. So I got a new router and now the app finds the device instantaneously.

My old router was good but it was like ten years old. Connecting devices on the same network was not as common back then as it is now. So even though myold router was still performing well with download speeds, range, etc.....it was just bad at connecting devices through the network.

Well I just got all new spectrum equipment and 300 meg service last week and when the Wiim Pro goes to sleep at night the next day I CAN NOT GET IT TO CONNECT TO APP ON PHONE UNLESS I RESTART THE PHONE. CMON something's wrong here!!!!!
How can I keep the Wiim active so it doesn't sleep at least????
FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
Google pixel 6a.

Try turning off wifi and back on again. Sometimes it happens to me also. Then the app would work again, I don't know why though. Fortunately, it's not often.

Well I just got all new spectrum equipment and 300 meg service last week and when the Wiim Pro goes to sleep at night the next day I CAN NOT GET IT TO CONNECT TO APP ON PHONE UNLESS I RESTART THE PHONE. CMON something's wrong here!!!!!
How can I keep the Wiim active so it doesn't sleep at least????
FRUSTRATING!!!!!!
Google pixel 6a.
Although it is not a radical solution, you can try turning off the standby mode of your WiiM. Turn off standby mode in the device settings in the WiiM Home app.

I turned standby off last night when done listening. Tonight after work we shall see if that worked..........if it does..........you get extra Christmas presents ;)

Back