WiiM Pro getting Airplay targets name wrong

azoriusmage

My Pro keeps mixing up the names of my Airplay speakers to the point now I have to play guess the speaker. I have one called Desk another called Bedroom and right now I am streaming to Bedroom and it is playing on Desk. If I reboot it corrects itself but later the same day they are wrong. If I look at speaker from Spotify or Mac they all have the correct name and work correctly. It looks like WiiM is scrambling the array of names. Anyone else seen this or got a cure?

I guess you”re using the airplay audio output of your WiiM. Maybe try a factory reset of it and see if that helps. If not, submit a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section of the WiiM Home app so they can inspect your device logs for clues.

Yeah that works for a short time and then it starts mixing up the names again. Seems like a software bug in the name list of speakers it can see as this is not an issue from other sources (Apple Music, My iPhone or Airfoil on my Mac) as these all show and send to the correct speakers. It is as if the array containing the list of names gets randomly reordered but the id's don't move with the names. Ticket raised.

Back