wiim pro+roon

Good evening, I bought the wiim pro a few days ago, I installed roon but on the rme adi-2 dac I have, the sampling I see does not correspond to the file that is playing, i.e. if the file is 96Hz on the dac I see 48 while if it is 44.1 I see it normally . The connection to the dac is via coax. Is it a roon, dac, wiim pro problem or am I doing something wrong?
If anyone has faced a similar problem I would like their help.
Thanks

Did you set the max output rate for the WiiM? It’s under audio output

yes. When the wiim pro plays tidal alone, i.e. without roon the sampling on the dub is correct, but it goes up to 96 Hz

I assume you’re streaming from Tidal via Roon? If so your streaming MQA encoded files which are not being decoded as the RME doesn’t support MQA. I suggest you read up on what MQA is and how it works.

Currently Tidal in Roon is not using the latest hires flac streams only the older MQA tier as this needs updating in their backend like all vendors, Wiim did their pretty quickly. It’s being worked on but not released yet. If you enable Roons MQA decoder it will decode the first stage of MQA to 88.1/24 or 96/25 dependant on the encapsulated MQA file.

Back