WiiM Pro vs Chromecast for multiroom

But I don't think that in a MRM setup the sound quality is an argument as WiiM only supports 24 bits/48 kHz sampling in such a setup, while Chromecast TV supports 24/96.
Linkplay multi room might only support 24/48, but here‘s a screen showing 24/192 is supported on a ChromeCast group comprising My WiiM Pro and WiiM Pro Plus using BubbleUPnP - the WiiM Home app also shows that resolution.
Screenshot_20230722-161921_Original.png

- Cheap AND omnipotent does not work.
- Use items for their strong abilities. In case of WiiM it is the possible great sound quality.
- For multi-room better or at least simpler solutions exists for long. Sonos always work.
- Make the research what an item can deliver BEFORE buying it.
- WiiM and YTM or Spotify with its poor sound quality is a mismatch. Casting pearls before swines.
I approve the Gospel according to Achim 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
Personally this digressing is one of my most liked "features" in this forum 😉
The "Roon Core" is not a device, but the software itself. You have to install it. Nearly every PC, even a not longer in use notebook is fine for it. But this PC has to run always you use the software. If this PC is used for other things it can be a little nerving. So we, my wife was the crusader for Roon, bought the Nucleus+. In between and with hints out of this forum I as an absolute noob in IT managed to "build" a NUC Rock which at the end costs less than 350 €. All the necessary information you will find in the net.
Qobuz or the others? This sometimes is kind of a confession. For me it is ok, I find every album I want. But that may be my personal case. Spotify claims still to have the biggest catalogue. I am more in classical and jazz, in rock more with the old heroes. So for me it is perfect. And the sound quality is the best you can get from streaming services.
Last, as I still want to own most of my music I love and buy LPs and CDs. Although my frequent presence in this forum may show it other 😉 I still use ~ 50% Vinyl, 40% CDs or ripped files and streaming is the rest. Easy, cheap and convenient to avoid wrong purchases.
So, another misuse of that very nice forum.
I don’t love CD and i have never loved them. That said, antes streaming my listenings where 99% vinyl.
After having discovered streaming now my listenings are 30% vinyl and 70% streaming. I know, but laziness won. ;)
I no longer need to get out of my chair to spin or change records. I can control everything from the tablet. The musical quality, then, seems to me equal or better than the CDs.
Another reason is…that now i have at my disposal the largest record store in the world. I can listen to anything I want and I like. ;)
If I had to buy everything that, now that I have time, I want to hear, apart from money, I would need... what can I say? At least a couple of warehouses to hold the LPs. 😂😂😂😂😂

@Maurizio
You know I need physical activity;)
What I have to confess is that streaming saves me money. The purchases getting less and lesser.

@Maurizio
You know I need physical activity;)
What I have to confess is that streaming saves me money. The purchases getting less and lesser.
@Achim1811
Yes, i know so…keep moving more and more 😂 ;)
Unfortunately listen to music, through loudspeakers, needs a fixed point or you could listen to marching up and down the room. 😂😇

@Achim1811
Yes, i know so…keep moving more and more 😂 ;)
Unfortunately listen to music, through loudspeakers, needs a fixed point or you could listen to marching up and down the room. 😂😇
Me and some engineers I know are working very hard on a solution where masses of speakers on rails surround me. This Dolby Atmos failed, we will do it better. Stay tuned, you will be informed. 😉

Me and some engineers I know are working very hard on a solution where masses of speakers on rails surround me. This Dolby Atmos failed, we will do it better. Stay tuned, you will be informed. 😉
Thanks so much sir. Obliged. 😂 😂 😂

Threads a bit old now but not sure if the OP found a complete solution and or changed streaming provider but personally I use Amazon Music because of it's abaility to cast to the WiiM's @ 24/192 lossless and also for the ease of setting up multiroom groups.

I'm not an Amazon fan, if one of the other providers offered the same i.e. Qubuz I'd probably switch but until they do it's just simplicity of use.

Back