WiiM Remote power light?

Bill Mac

I recently bought a WiiM Remote and it will not pair with my Pro. When using the power button should the remote's LED light up? I ask as the LED does not light up. I checked and changed the batteries several times. I'm wondering if I received a defective remote. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I paired a new remote with a WiiM Mini this morning; it worked fine. I didn't see that LED illuminate at all, either during pairing or while using the remote to change volume, pause or restart playback, etc.

I'm frankly not sure what the LED is for, but it wasn't involved in my pairing... The WiiM Remote manual doesn't even mention the LED; it's visible on the cover page, but doesn't show on the picture in section "4. Controls" and isn't mentioned. So perhaps it's a work in progress that isn't being used yet(?)

The steps I followed were:
  1. press the input selector and mute buttons on the remote for several seconds (which gave no feedback -- no LED blink, no beeps, etc.)
  2. went into the WiiM Home app, opened settings for the WiiM Mini I wanted to control with the app, tapped the Remote option, followed prompts
  3. got confirmation message in the app
It went smoothly for me, but didn't involved the LED...

LED? Mine doesn’t have one. There is a microphone hole just above the microphone button. Is that what you’re calling an LED?

Reactions: RSF
Ah! That makes more sense. I have another remote that has an LED that blinks when one presses a button (for what purpose, I don't know); I jumped to the conclusion that little round hole at the top of the remote was a similar LED. But of course the WiiM remote needs a microphone given that it supports Alexa. Thanks.

I paired a new remote with a WiiM Mini this morning; it worked fine. I didn't see that LED illuminate at all, either during pairing or while using the remote to change volume, pause or restart playback, etc.

I'm frankly not sure what the LED is for, but it wasn't involved in my pairing... The WiiM Remote manual doesn't even mention the LED; it's visible on the cover page, but doesn't show on the picture in section "4. Controls" and isn't mentioned. So perhaps it's a work in progress that isn't being used yet(?)

The steps I followed were:
  1. press the input selector and mute buttons on the remote for several seconds (which gave no feedback -- no LED blink, no beeps, etc.)
  2. went into the WiiM Home app, opened settings for the WiiM Mini I wanted to control with the app, tapped the Remote option, followed prompts
  3. got confirmation message in the app
It went smoothly for me, but didn't involved the LED...
I had the remote packed up and ready to return. But seeing your post it made me give it another shot. Sure enough the remote paired up with my Pro. Thanks!
LED? Mine doesn’t have one. There is a microphone hole just above the microphone button. Is that what you’re calling an LED?
Makes perfect sense to me. Maybe WiiM will add that fact in the future. A simple addition to the "manual" stating that the small opening is for the microphone. Thanks!

Unfortunately the WiiM Remote is going back. The remote works intermittently for no apparent reason. It shows in the app as being paired with my Pro but works less than half the time the buttons are pushed. The batteries are brand new so that's not the problem.

Back