WiiM Remote

The Wiim Pro doesn't have an IR receiver, so it would have meant adding one from the outset, adding to the cost of the unit for something that most people do not want or need in a streamer.
This way they are using an existing (and integral) part of the unit's hardware to offer an add on for those that want/need it, thus keeping costs down.
Am I correct in assuming bit perfect playback is not possible when controlling volume with the remote?
Bit perfect is still possible whilst using the volume control, yes.

I just got the voice remote. Is there a way to fast forward using it (e.g. 10 or 30 seconds)? It only seems to go to Next or Previous from what I can tell. Thanks.

I just got the voice remote. Is there a way to fast forward using it (e.g. 10 or 30 seconds)? It only seems to go to Next or Previous from what I can tell. Thanks.
Hi Timmo,

It's a great idea. We can overload these keys for fast forward or backward when you listen to podcasts or radio etc. I'll discuss this with our product team and hopefully we can add this improvement shortly. Thank you again for this great suggestion!

Hello,

But if this is done will we need to purchase the remote again or will it be available via firmware upgrade in the existing remotes also?

Thanks!

Hi Timmo,

It's a great idea. We can overload these keys for fast forward or backward when you listen to podcasts or radio etc. I'll discuss this with our product team and hopefully we can add this improvement shortly. Thank you again for this great suggestion!
If it can support it, would be great to program the Previous and Next buttons to hold down for a skip track forward/back, and a simple press to do the 10/30 seconds skip forward/back (or vice versa depending on what the user wants if this can be a choice). Hopefully those buttons can tell a press from a hold.

If not, alternatively maybe allow two of the 4 preset buttons to perform this function. I like to skip thru parts of songs (in addition to radio and podcasts). Thanks!

A suggestion for Version 2 of the remote (or Remote Plus :) ) … backlit keys. Would love to be able to see the keys in the dark. Thanks.

I sometimes use the wiim as a preamp, with audio output to a fosi v3 that doesn't have a remote. However, I don’t like how wiim adjusts the volume at all, with some jerks and steps. It would be great if you do it like in UAPP, where there is an adjustment from 20 to 250 steps. Thank you for your attention)

I sometimes use the wiim as a preamp, with audio output to a fosi v3 that doesn't have a remote. However, I don’t like how wiim adjusts the volume at all, with some jerks and steps. It would be great if you do it like in UAPP, where there is an adjustment from 20 to 250 steps. Thank you for your attention)
totally agree.

A few questions about the remote. I have had my Pro for a few months now, and like some here, I couldn't see the need for it.
However I my try one if the answers to these questions are positive.
Will the remote wake the Pro up more consistently than the app? Or will I still have to close and restart the app sometimes.

Will I just be able to program in my four favorite stations and forget the app, or will the app still have to be running.

A few questions about the remote. I have had my Pro for a few months now, and like some here, I couldn't see the need for it.
However I my try one if the answers to these questions are positive.
Will the remote wake the Pro up more consistently than the app? Or will I still have to close and restart the app sometimes.

Will I just be able to program in my four favorite stations and forget the app, or will the app still have to be running.

I'm not sure I entirely understand your question, however my use case involving the remote's 4 preset buttons was similar to what you are describing. I wanted to be able to wake the Pro and play from a preset button on the remote without needing to open the app, and that does work with the internet radio stations that I use as presets.

I don't know if that is exactly what you had in mind, or for that matter if use of the remote's presets for things other than internet radio would behave in the same way, but definitely for me the unit wakes when choosing an internet radio preset without any need to open the app.

My first question is based on the fact that sometimes the Pro refuse to wake up, so I have to close the app and restart it. So if the remote solves that problem it would be great.
Thanks for confirming that I can preset my stations. I don't think the paid services like Amazon could be programed since there is no way to select a album. Am I correct?

My first question is based on the fact that sometimes the Pro refuse to wake up, so I have to close the app and restart it. So if the remote solves that problem it would be great.
Thanks for confirming that I can preset my stations. I don't think the paid services like Amazon could be programed since there is no way to select a album. Am I correct?

You can add from Amazon Music albums, playlists, artist's popular songs, and more to presets.
Normally, you can add any list that appears in "Recently Played" to a preset.

You can also switch to the next preset by pressing the preset button on your Wiim device continuously.

Edit: Each time you press the Wiim preset button, the next preset plays.

It's worked for me and the entire reason I bought the remote.

I've not tried it, though I do recall there was some mention that a playlist could be preset, but whether that meant a playlist only from a local media server, or also playlists from a cloud service such as Amazon I don't know. I use Qobuz, but I haven't used the presets for any Qobuz playlists and don't wish to.

Does anyone else have the same issue as me? The Wiim remote next/previous buttons do not seem to operate when I am casting to the Wiim pro while using the Amazon music (Android) app. The pause/play button seems to be working.

For the batteries in the remote, is it possible to show the life left in the app settings and/or some kind of ‘low battery’ message? My remote stopped responding even though I had fresh rechargeable batteries in it, and I swapped the batteries out for normal alkaline. Not sure if the remote can really handle rechargeable batteries (?) is another question I have. Thanks.

Many (most?) rechargables are 1.2v, not 1.5v, which can cause issues with numerous devices.
Do your tv / amp / dvd / fan / ... remotes tell you when they are running low. ;)

Do your tv / amp / dvd / fan / ... remotes tell you when they are running low. ;)
would’ve been hard for them to do so as IR remotes are generally one way and probably couldn’t send battery status, certainly not on request. But you know that ;)

If the remote is constantly sending a battery level status to the wiim surely it'll be constantly decreasing too.
Maybe the next version of the remote should have a screen to display the battery level.
:devilish:

Back