WiiM Remote

If the remote is constantly sending a battery level status to the wiim surely it'll be constantly decreasing too.
Maybe the next version of the remote should have a screen to display the battery level.
:devilish:
If they added their remote details to the Logitech Harmony Hub device compatibility database, my harmony remote shows its battery levels :)

Many (most?) rechargables are 1.2v, not 1.5v, which can cause issues with numerous devices.
Do your tv / amp / dvd / fan / ... remotes tell you when they are running low. ;)
Didn’t know about 1.2v vs. 1.5v … I checked and mine are 1.2v, so that may explain it. I haven’t had any issues using them in my other remotes, but point well taken. Another thing to look out for I guess when buying rechargeable batteries … I’m assuming 1.5v may be a bit larger (and thus more difficult to install in some devices)?

I do have other devices that provides battery status when using normal or rechargeable batteries. A few examples are my First Alert smoke detector, Fire TV remotes, and Roku remotes. So it is possible to do :)

Even just an ‘OK’ or ‘LOW’ status would be helpful … just trying to make the product better :)

Well lookie here … either I missed this the first time ’round or they just added it (for battery level):

1691688593986.png

I must says, I am really happy with the remote. I finally bought one a week ago, after months of not seeing the need. It has really made using the Pro a lot easier, although I can only program my four favorite internet radio stations. But that's ok as I listen to them 90% of the time anyway. It even wakes up the Pro more consistently than the app.

Not more than normal 😉
The unasked use of the word "we" makes me always a bit angry, only a bit.
This "we need" I will definitively not confirm for me. I prefer f.e. posts like "I wish", "I want", "It would be great"..

Yeah, I agree the remote needs some attention - in the absence of specific buttons, implementation of long presses, for example, to provide some of the enhancements that been have asked for
My discovery of today: when you short press Back and then immediately long press Back then you are moved to the beginning of current queue. Love it!

New feature request for remote ➡️ Allow any of the 4 preset shortcut buttons to run an Alexa routine as an option

Use case: An Alexa routine can be setup to get your WiiM/AV gear in line to start listening to music (e.g. 1) create Denon QuickSelect button to set AVR to proper input, etc. for WiiM Pro connection (credit: @Wiimer ); 2) setup Logitech Harmony activity to invoke that QuickSelect button and run Hue Disco Lights scene; 3) the Harmony ’Scene’ will carryover into Alexa to then create an Alexa Routine (optionally add Hue Disco Lights scene in Alexa as its own separate action); 4) Program one of the 4 WiiM Remote preset shortcut buttons to actually run the Alexa Routine itself). All one has to do then to listen to music is just click a button on WiiM Remote to fire it all up and is good to go (and save one’s voice in the process which can be handy in loud rooms).

I use ‘flic’ buttons which could be a way to implement this (in the ‘flic’ app you can have each button press link to an Alexa Routine (Alexa shows each button press as a ‘smarthome action’ essentially which you can then create multiple actions to assign to it via the Alexa Routine setup). So I can essentially do the above today with one of my ‘flic‘ buttons (and I most likely will), but would be nice to have it all contained in just the WiiM Remote without having to resort to using other devices. Thank you!

Back