WiiM Pro Plus now on Amazon.com

1125 reviews :p
No need to upgrade if you are using an external DAC of some quality already, but this will make the WIIM a much more attractive device for people who don't want a separate DAC.

That link just shows the original WiiM Pro bundled with the voice-activated remote for $159, or a $10 discount vs. if purchased separately.

Awesome great news for those without a quality dac. Looks like it measured really good on testing.

Nope, never. You’re not the only one though to have misinterpreted what was said while discussing the Pro Plus and “two models” that will be released later this/next year - it’s they, not the Pro Plus, that may have a USB digital output.
I've been in direct discussions and communications with Linkplay HQ for some time now stressing the need for a WiiM Pro model (yet to be officially named) with a USB digital output. I believe I made a rather compelling case for such. It could result in two USB digital output models, one WITH an integrated DAC and one WITHOUT.

My take on this is that whilst it would be great to have the flexibility and functionality of a device with both, it is conceivable that one WITHOUT a DAC would come in at a more attractive price point for some and to be honest, there are more than enough folks out there with their own DACs.

Still, here in the States, the $217.00 (plus tax and shipping) price point is still rather attractive.

It's not been a great secret that WiiM have another couple of designs on the table with USB out, it's been discussed openly in the forums. I still don't see the point of re-engineering a product not to have a DAC when you can so easily bypass the one in your device, and it would only have minimal impact on price which is already very low in the market.

I am confident that the Wiim devices that will be announced in the future will not fall below the current price. 🙂

Story of my life — I JUST BOUGHT the WiiM Pro. had it less than a week.
This happened to me when I bought my Klipsch Cornwall 3s... and the next week they announced the IV.

I wonder when it is going to show at Amazon Spain 🤔
You can order from Audiophonics free delivery above €199 to Spain (will take a while though for them to have stock)

You can order from Audiophonics free delivery above €199 to Spain (will take a while though for them to have stock)
199€. ?? Da bin ich aber gespannt was Amazon dafür in Deutschland dafür verlangen wird.

Back