WiiM Remote

Hi @WiiM Support - just curious if you have any updates/timeline on remote updates with our various enhancement requests? Thanks 🙂

I don't know if its possible but I would love to be able to change sources with the 1-2-3-4 preset buttons. Something like:

1: Wifi
2: RCA
3: SPDIF
4: Bluetooth

You get the idea.

I know the Wiim Remote has a source switch button, but this works in a cycle right? Meaning that I would have to press the button like 4-5 times to get the same source once again. I find that a bit cumbersome.

I don't know if its possible but I would love to be able to change sources with the 1-2-3-4 preset buttons. Something like:

1: Wifi
2: RCA
3: SPDIF
4: Bluetooth

You get the idea.

I know the Wiim Remote has a source switch button, but this works in a cycle right? Meaning that I would have to press the button like 4-5 times to get the same source once again. I find that a bit cumbersome.
I think the expectation, if that's the right word, is that the auto sensing options in the app menus cover 2 and 3, simply casting to the wiim from something covers 1, and I'm assuming (as I've never used it) it will auto switch to bluetooth if you cast that way too.

Recently purchased a second Wiim Pro, with remote, and have to say I'm very impressed with the quality of the remote. From the photos it looks just like any modern DAC remote, but in person it feels a bit more substantial in your hand and feels classy.
Another Wiin for Wiim in my eyes!!

I must admit, I only use the remote for volume control. Would like to check out the voice functions but the manual has info.

Secondly the On/Off button doesn't seem to do anything to the Wiim Pro. :oops:

I must admit, I only use the remote for volume control. Would like to check out the voice functions but the manual has info.

Secondly the On/Off button doesn't seem to do anything to the Wiim Pro. :oops:
See this faq entry but note not all functions have yet been implemented and are region specific e.g. in the U.K., Tidal isn’t a supported Alexa feature - that’s nothing to do with WiiM, that’s down to Amazon/Alexa.

Here’s a link that might be useful for some (but not @Achim1811 ;) ) to use Alexa music voice commands with their remote or indeed via an echo or amazon app talk to Alexa feature.

It’s perhaps not bang up to date, nor is it driven yet by ChatGPT or similar, but hopefully will be of use for those who use an Alexa supported music service like Amazon Music, Spotify, Tidal (USA only and not hi res) - but not Apple Music. Ignore the graphics it uses and please resist making any NSFW comments about them ;) :ROFLMAO:

I’m currently listening to “music I haven’t heard in a while” :)

Hi timmo,

We're working on remote enhancement and will share the updates/timeline shortly (next week). Please stay tuned!
OMG it’s November 2nd already ;) Where does the time go? Anywho … just curious when we might see the updates? 🙂 Is it tied directly with the release of WiiM Amp perchance? Thanks…

OMG it’s November 2nd already ;) Where does the time go? Anywho … just curious when we might see the updates? 🙂 Is it tied directly with the release of WiiM Amp perchance? Thanks…

Your Jimmy Kimmel moment? 😉😉

I hope it won't be like all the Chinese cheap crap that needs to be aimed straight at the top. But she already looks cheap, the same as all remotes, only the logo is different. Shame.
It's bluetooth, not IR. Aim it anywhere and it works. If performance is poor, check batteries.

Hi @WiiM Support - just patiently waiting on an update regarding remote updates/enhancements when you get the chance 😬

1701474372779.jpeg

It's bluetooth, not IR. Aim it anywhere and it works. If performance is poor, check batteries.

I'd like the Wiim streamer to have IR control. That's important for universal remote control users- as it controls volume for the avr, plus skip pause etc for the streamer. Hopefully their next model will include IR receiver on the front. The remote doesn't have to be IR, but feature where codes are available or ideally they use the same IR codes as Squeezebox remotes.

Back