WM directly on actives speakers -sound power issue

quentindarse

Hello,

I have two Yamaha HS7 active speakers that I directly connect to the WM using a mono jack.
The Wi-Fi connection and recognition are working fine.

Either I have a loud but distorted sound (this depends on choosing L, R, L/R, or mono audio), or I have a clean but very low sound.

I stream my music from my iPhone 12 and/or 14 using Spotify. I have also tried streaming from a computer using Spotify or Youtube, but the issue persists. I have also tried using only one speaker, but the problem remains the same.

Is it possible to directly connect the WM to active speakers? Do I need a DAC? It doesn't seem necessary based on the product description.

Thank you for your assistance.

Quentin

As I tried this morning connecting the WiiM with active speakers here works fine. We chose the inbuilt dac of the speakers but tried also the analog outs from the WiiM. Works!

Hello,

I have two Yamaha HS7 active speakers that I directly connect to the WM using a mono jack.
The Wi-Fi connection and recognition are working fine.

Either I have a loud but distorted sound (this depends on choosing L, R, L/R, or mono audio), or I have a clean but very low sound.

I stream my music from my iPhone 12 and/or 14 using Spotify. I have also tried streaming from a computer using Spotify or Youtube, but the issue persists. I have also tried using only one speaker, but the problem remains the same.

Is it possible to directly connect the WM to active speakers? Do I need a DAC? It doesn't seem necessary based on the product description.

Thank you for your assistance.

Quentin
Try to find the output Vrms level which works best with your speakers.

Do you connect them correct way? It would be unbalanced 3.5 TRS output to double balanced 6.3 TS inputs (or XLRs with proper pin-outs).

Last edited:
Try to find the output Vrms level which works best with your speakers.

Do you connect them correct way? It would be unbalanced 3.5 TRS output to double balanced 6.3 TS inputs (or XLRs with proper pin-outs).
I use this cable.

I try all Vrms. The best is 2 VRms but it’s very low. As low as my iPhone sound …

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 7
It tells nothing about wiring of this cable. How do you connect both speakers the same time?
Thank you for your help,

This is the link for the cable:
It tells nothing about wiring of this cable. How do you connect both speakers the same time?
Thank you for your help,

It’s this cable:
UGREEN Câble Audio Jack 3.5mm vers 6.35mm Câble Jack Stéréo Nylon Tressé Compatible avec Piano Électronique Amplificateur de Guitare Table de Mixage Ordinateur Smartphone Casque Chaîne HiFi (1M)

Thank you for your help,

It’s this cable:
UGREEN Câble Audio Jack 3.5mm vers 6.35mm Câble Jack Stéréo Nylon Tressé Compatible avec Piano Électronique Amplificateur de Guitare Table de Mixage Ordinateur Smartphone Casque Chaîne HiFi (1M)

It's incorrect one. You need something like that:

it must split a stereo unbalanced signal to dual mono pseudobalanced ones

1686603652383.png

Last edited:
Yes I use two Wiims. I have one for each active speakers. Is it not possible to switch stereo output in mono output with option mono audio. Maybe I need a conversion stereo to mono ….
It is, but then you'll get the same sound out of each speaker.
Looks like you're already aware of the 'L' and 'R' options per device when grouped, so don't enable mono in the settings.
Seems like you just need the right cable/connection for those speakers.

Back