Wrong subnet mask on WiiM app

distilledliquor

My wifi's subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and WiiM app says a user has to match the subnet mask and router as same with phone using if I want to set IP table manually but WiiM app can set the subnet mask 255.255.255.255 only.

Hmm. Every device I've ever configured statically would automatically pre-fill 255.255.255.0 for a /24 address. I confess I've not tried it on WiiM as I always use DHCP reservation for this kind of thing.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Howdy,

Seeing the same thing when trying to config IPv4 manually when coming off DHCP via wifi with a new Amp running 5.0.537347 and latest IOS.

1) Can only configure the IP address (IOS)... really need to be able to configure subnet mask and gateway (as well as DNS). There are many reasons why you want these fields configurable and NOT self-guessing and locked.
2) The subnet field is locked with a 255.255.255.255 subnet mask. I can connect via IOS via wifi (at least I think it's connecting via wifi and not BT).... Have not been successful yet with Airplay 2 yet (albeit airplay sees the Amp).
3) The gateway field is also locked... which will cause the AMP to not connect in multi-vlan environments.
4) Really need the DNS server field(s) configurable as well please.

Howdy,

Seeing the same thing when trying to config IPv4 manually when coming off DHCP via wifi with a new Amp running 5.0.537347 and latest IOS.

1) Can only configure the IP address (IOS)... really need to be able to configure subnet mask and gateway (as well as DNS). There are many reasons why you want these fields configurable and NOT self-guessing and locked.
2) The subnet field is locked with a 255.255.255.255 subnet mask. I can connect via IOS via wifi (at least I think it's connecting via wifi and not BT).... Have not been successful yet with Airplay 2 yet (albeit airplay sees the Amp).
3) The gateway field is also locked... which will cause the AMP to not connect in multi-vlan environments.
4) Really need the DNS server field(s) configurable as well please.
Raise a ticket via the feedback section in the WiiM Home app as a feature request.

255.255.255.255 is a broadcast address... That being said, if this can't be changed in the WiiM app, then it's easier to have your router assign a static DHCP address to your WiiM device. Check your router documentation for setting this.

Back