Random disconnects

dssme

Major Contributor
I've been experiencing random disconnects during playback of late that I didn't have happen before of late, seeming to get more frequent
I also seen in a different venue, others complain of this same situation
Have anybody else had these issues?

Reactions: Mat
Try switching off standby mode.
Thanks for the suggestion, but it's been off for months
Just checked it now
I wonder if it's related to the Roon Server hiccuping instead of the Wiim?
But I just looked at it for any funny processor funny business and no...also no disconnects during this last half hour....that is until right there...sigh

@WiiM Support

Please note my dropout issue
Thank you
In fact, it seems to happen more frequently now
What happened (just now) is it cuts out, seems to try to play something, but can't and then recovers
Approximate duration, 2 seconds that time
This is unacceptable

Have you raised a ticket as well using the settings/feedback section in the WiiM home app? Merely tagging WiiM here doesn’t provide them with your device logs and allow them to diagnose your issue. Thanks
done..thanks

In fact, it seems to happen more frequently now
What happened (just now) is it cuts out, seems to try to play something, but can't and then recovers
Approximate duration, 2 seconds that time
This is unacceptable
I get the same problems, the app kind of greys outs and doesn't respond.
Playback has gaps and dropouts too

I've been experiencing random disconnects during playback of late that I didn't have happen before of late, seeming to get more frequent
I also seen in a different venue, others complain of this same situation
Have anybody else had these issues?

Constantly.

Users should do 2 things before posting their issue, first submit the issue via wiim app, second post here so we’re aware of the problem on current firmware if indeed there’s a bug. This should be prerequisite before posting anything from here. Brantome would be happy if you do that first.

I have exactly the same experience. I have all week. Same this morning. Plays one song and then disconnects. This has been one of the most frustrating devices I have purchases in a long time. With all the advertised connection support, it simply does not work. And yes, I have submitted support tickets. I have messages with WiiM on this forum but they've stopped replying.

WiiM will have all the necessary diagnostic information they need, but from a forum perspective it might be useful to know what service you're all seeing this on (I know @dssme already stated Roon) to see if that's a contributing factor.

I do not. I use Spotify on macOS and iOS. With my Sony receiver, this worked fine, and the same with my Google Home devices.

Back