Unable to connect via ethernet to Pro Plus.

Oh_Archie

I'm hardwired via cat6 ethernet cable to my home network but can't get the Wiim PP to drop wifi connection and use ethernet instead. 100gbps home connection and Unifi network controller shows it as connected.

On the Wiim the "line in" menu does not include ethernet as an option. Is it supposed to?

I know the cable works because I just unplugged a Bluesound Node from it and it was working flawlessly. I can plug the Bluesound back in and it works.

I'm hardwired via cat6 ethernet cable to my home network but can't get the Wiim PP to drop wifi connection and use ethernet instead. 100gbps home connection and Unifi network controller shows it as connected.

On the Wiim the "line in" menu does not include ethernet as an option. Is it supposed to?

I know the cable works because I just unplugged a Bluesound Node from it and it was working flawlessly. I can plug the Bluesound back in and it works.
Please attempt to unplug the WiiM Pro Plus and then plug it back in. If the issue persists, kindly submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App, and we will work swiftly to resolve it for you.

Please attempt to unplug the WiiM Pro Plus and then plug it back in. If the issue persists, kindly submit a ticket through the WiiM Home App, and we will work swiftly to resolve it for you.
I already did that and the problem persists.

And I see no option for support while using the app. That's why I came here.....

Apologies, but you have disabled wifi in the Network Status section of the device settings?
First of all - where do I find the link to create a support ticket?

Secondly - are you giving me instructions for the mobile app or the desktop app? Because you haven't asked me that question yet and for some reason the 2 apps are completely different. This seems like it would be a primary and important question for troubleshooting any issues.

First of all - where do I find the link to create a support ticket?

In the WiiM Home mobile app, under settings/feedback

Secondly - are you giving me instructions for the mobile app or the desktop app? Because you haven't asked me that question yet and for some reason the 2 apps are completely different. This seems like it would be a primary and important question for troubleshooting any issues.

Best using the mobile app as the desktop app is still in beta and lacks many of the functions of the mobile app.

If you log into your router, you can probably double-check if the WiiM PP is actually connected using your ethernet connection or not. The device cannot use wifi automatically anyway, if you've set a security password for your router's wifi services. You need to use one of the mobile versions of the app (iPad, iPhone, Android) to be able to select the ethernet for input. Those versions will also let you disable wifi, provided the device has detected an ethernet connection.

Those versions will also let you disable wifi, provided the device has detected an ethernet connection.
According to the user manual the WP/WPP should disable WiFi automatically, if a working ethernet connection is detected, though.

If it doesn't, this might just indicate the obvious: the ethernet connection is not working.

More possible reasons (apart from the 100Mbit limit) why the connection could work with one device but not the other could include stuff like MAC address filtering being set up (and then forgotten about) or a limited range of IP addresses (on purpose) in combination with address reservation.

Dealing with this could take more than 45 minutes, so is probably not an option.

According to the user manual the WP/WPP should disable WiFi automatically, if a working ethernet connection is detected, though.
My gut tells me that the OP's WPP probably did that, but the WHA they're using may indicate wifi. My router (an ASUS) shows all connected devices and how they are connected (by ethernet or one of the flavors of wifi). I am not sure what the Unifi controller does. Anything trying to connect by wifi thru my router has to pass authentication.

As others have suggested, could you check that the port is not set to manually to something other than 100Mbps FDX, on UniFi Devices - Select the switch where the cable is plugged in - Open Port Manager - See if you can see your WiiM there. Then check under advanced for that port, if it is either set to auto, or somewhat similar to the screenshot below. Also check that it does not say RSTP blocking, or also if the new feature Loop Protection (for switches without STP/RSTP) is enabled. With Loop Protection I think you have to manually enable the port again if it is enabled and is triggered.

Which UniFi switch do you have?

Are you able to ping the device under Network - Client Devices - WiiM Pro Plus - Test Latency? Should be around 1.0 ms if hardwired.

Do you have multiple VLANS?

IGMP Snooping enabled/disabled for all or some networks?

DHCP Snooping enabled?

Multicast DNS enabled for the current(or all) networks?

Jumboframes enabled?

802.1X (Radius) set up for some networks or specific ports?

Any device isolation set up globally for the switch, or on the current port?

IPv6 enabled on WiiM settings / and also on LAN UniFi networks and WAN?

Using 8.8.8.8 DNS in settings on WiiM (believe this is enabled by default), or custom DNS from UniFi router eg. Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 / 1.1.1.3 or default UniFi DNS servers?

Any custom Traffic Rules for disabling internet for certain devices that could be active?

Attachments

• UniFi.jpg
    UniFi.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2
  • UniFi advanced settings.jpg
    UniFi advanced settings.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2
Probably the same issue as my Wiim Amp - the ethernet port on it is defective. There's no link light on any switch or router port that it's plugged into so it has to be used only with WiFi (that isn't ideal). I've an open ticket (reference 500129) that has not had an update for 11 days. Clearly there are defective units getting sent out.

Back