Y No Ultra??

It's officially Q2 where is this Ultra announcement? It's beginning to get annoying. (i know i know a truly whiny and privileged take)
Q2 lasts 3 months. Doesn't mean they announce on day 1 of Q2....could be June. These WiiM guys do an amazing job pumping out new software, I'm sure they are doing the best they can with hardware as well. As dangermouse says...we must be patient :)

They’ve already said on the forum that beta testing with users hopefully will take place at the end of April/ start of May, so that points to the end of May/ start of June for general availability. Plus maybe a few weeks 😜🤣

Q2 lasts 3 months. Doesn't mean they announce on day 1 of Q2....could be June. These WiiM guys do an amazing job pumping out new software, I'm sure they are doing the best they can with hardware as well. As dangermouse says...we must be patient :)

It is infinitely preferable to release a product later than expected and run thorough quality checks than later rushing to fix problems with multiple manufacturing revisions

So, just taking a step back.

Someone might view WiiM’s early announcement of the Ultra as a good thing, keeping us informed well in advance, seeking opinion as to what features to include.

Others may say it was unnecessary, too far in advance, causing and feeding impatience.

Personally, I like it, but others may disagree.

we can also agree, and I recognize that it is my feeling, that a rather perverted form of marketing which puts many people in a waiting position who will not look elsewhere, is all the more so because it is never very precise-specified in the over the months what the specifications of the "future machine" will be...
I own 2 wiim products and have been "supporting" them for more than 2 years... and the presence of just salespeople with prompt promises and never wiim engineers or their hardware subcontractors etc can almost be ready to "smile..or cry"...

if quality control of the hardware improves will remain good products in their price positions, then these "marketing methods of net""" so tiring....
:oops:

I think about it... I anticipate...!
;-)
:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpeg
    IMG_4776.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 11
I don't think the early announcement of Ultra was marketing. In the first place, Ultra predictions started on this forum before the support team announced Ultra. If this is marketing, I don't think it's wise to start talking about the next product shortly after the launch of a new product. And if I remember correctly, Ultra's godmother is @Smartplug. 😂

At least it doesn't look like the support team has a well-crafted marketing strategy on this forum.

I don't think the early announcement of Ultra was marketing. In the first place, Ultra predictions started on this forum before the support team announced Ultra. If this is marketing, I don't think it's wise to start talking about the next product shortly after the launch of a new product. And if I remember correctly, Ultra's godmother is @Smartplug. 😂

At least it doesn't look like the support team has a well-crafted marketing strategy on this forum.
The original mention was in a reply from their CEO to a user request for info which was then reported on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook at the end of Oct'23, which I then posted in the forum after checking with WiiM support iirc. It was in the run up to the release of the WiiM Amp and at the time I recall thinking it was strange mentioning the name of the next product before its predecessor had hit the streets. I guess with hindsight they probably wish they wouldn't have done that as something like that might have harmed the uptake of the then imminent product.

letting threads run, the fantasy box etc, without more informations techniques etc etc is a form of social media marketing etc but hey it's the meaning of the world, of influencers etc etc... ..
the main thing will be not to reproduce the unfortunate episode of the "amp"..
the rest is no big deal..
"stop for me"
;-)

Last edited:
The original mention was in a reply from their CEO to a user request for info which was then reported on the WiiM Fan Page on Facebook at the end of Oct'23, which I then posted in the forum after checking with WiiM support iirc. It was in the run up to the release of the WiiM Amp and at the time I recall thinking it was strange mentioning the name of the next product before its predecessor had hit the streets. I guess with hindsight they probably wish they wouldn't have done that as something like that might have harmed the uptake of the then imminent product.

I think Fosi Audio have done something similar with a CD player combo they’re preparing. They’ve also been very big on how their latest monoblock power amps have been developed in response to previous customer comments.

I actually think it’s fantastic that these companies have ongoing, live discussions with customers (the people they’re trying to create products for), to see what would be welcome.

Notwithstanding the absolute pain it is for forum moderators ;) , I think it’s a good idea.

if quality control of the hardware improves will remain good products in their price positions, then these "marketing methods of net""" so tiring....

Reading a sentence like that, it’s difficult not to be profoundly moved.

A poet couldn’t have put it better.

Is that better, @Brantome ?

Prior the amp was released, they posted the image with many users thrilled about. They could atlist post the image what ultra look like. Ultra make sense if screen matters to you and use power amp of your choice. It’s pretty much amp without amp with screen and additional connections. I’m interested if this has higher end dac chip.

He’s the only on this forum who write like that. It was like a sentence from another language translate to google.
It probably is another language translated. International forums are like that. Having lived in several countries myself, I can sympathize.

Rightly said @Brantome

The "ULTRA" was long due and there was a pleasant surprise response from the WiiM Team

Not many would give importance for their costumer or even listen to them !!

Back