4.8.528649 firmware for Pro

WiimNoob

Major Contributor
So just a simple question; is this also going out to the Pro devices as well. I understand certain PEQ functions will only work with the Plus due to its DAC chipset. Tia.

The only difference between the Pro and Pro+ is the ability to add filters, which is supported only by the DAC in the Pro+. Otherwise functionality should be equivalent.

Still waiting for the update for the Pro. I may just tie in my Gryphon as a go between to the speakers.

Just checked haven’t received update. I tend not to use the wiim app and use tidal connect beta instead.

Just opened Wiim App for my Pro and was informed an update was available so installed it. Not played about with it yet to see what if any new features there are.

This new update, on a WiiM Pro, sounds detailed and smooth. I had noticed in the previous firmware (release date 8/15) a sibilance and high frequency harshness that is now gone. Sound quality changes from firmware to firmware and that is something the developers’ team should understand what makes it degrade. This one is good. Let’s hope in the future it does not degrade. Another reason for firmware updates to be Opt-In only.

Note: This WiiM Pro is connected via SPDIF coax to an external DAC.

Last edited:
This new update, on a WiiM Pro, sounds detailed and smooth. I had noticed in the previous firmware (release date 8/15) a sibilance and high frequency harshness that is now gone. Sound quality changes from firmware to firmware and that is something the developers’ team should understand what makes it degrade. This one is good. Let’s hope in the future it does not degrade. Another reason for firmware updates to be Opt-In only.

Note: This WiiM Pro is connected via SPDIF coax to an external DAC.
I’m still waiting. When did you get the update?

It’s interesting to note that with each firmware update most posts comment on features but rarely about sound quality… the most important feature.

Back