4.8.528649 firmware for Pro

when wiim amp get release update will take several weeks to complete in time for the next release. Wiim need to update their system to keep up all the demand as more people buying their product.
but why are they rolling out new updates while some devices are still 2 updates behind? If by chance a device missed an update, there should be(is there?) a way to get caught up?

but why are they rolling out new updates while some devices are still 2 updates behind? If by chance a device missed an update, there should be(is there?) a way to get caught up?
Good question and how wiim does their update whether serial, random or country from a to z is a mystery. If your device is that behind, I would send them message via wiim amp and will look at the log what went wrong. I think wiim should just upload those update on their website for manual update for those who did not get it or downgrade if new firmware did not work for them. Look at router firmware from most manufacturers they have firmware several version from old to new. I don’t know why wiim can’t do that.

A factory reset might do it, since the device will poll for a firmware update. Of course, you'll need to go into the app and set the config the way you want it from scratch.

I guess I can imagine a situation where if the WiiM Home app is one or more versions out of date, a firmware upgrade could be delayed if there are known compatibility issues with an older app. WiiM would be aware of both your firmware and app versions.

I’m beginning to think the upgrade server is a 486 running OS/2 hooked up on a 1200 baud dial-up.
Dood! Half-OS with XyWrite and a 300-baud modem was my home office in 1988, dig it!

OTOH, I did have a very nice stereo Sansui LP player and Onkyo integrated amp .... Life was relatively simple, but I was no less happy than now.

Dood! Half-OS with XyWrite and a 300-baud modem was my home office in 1988, dig it!

OTOH, I did have a very nice stereo Sansui LP player and Onkyo integrated amp .... Life was relatively simple, but I was no less happy than now.
I’ll raise you with… my first gaming console was a Magnavox Odyssey.🙀 Good Lord, when did I get old?

I’ll raise you with… my first gaming console was a Magnavox Odyssey.🙀 Good Lord, when did I get old?

I fold. That one has to go waaaay back, as the earliest game console we had/have here was a Nintendo Super-Famicon, which still works amazingly, tho' we no longer have a sufficiently low-res analog display for it ... Never got no firmware updates for those, either, LOL! (Maybe that's why it keep working, haha. No offense, WiiM!)

I fold. That one has to go waaaay back, as the earliest game console we had/have here was a Nintendo Super-Famicon, which still works amazingly, tho' we no longer have a sufficiently low-res analog display for it ... Never got no firmware updates for those, either, LOL! (Maybe that's why it keep working, haha. No offense, WiiM!)
Oh, BTW I concur with stick with LMS (especially for the Radio Paradise plugin) and use the Amazon Music phone app with AlexaCast. I was a Logitech audio dealer. Held up for 20 years as my music server.

A factory reset might do it, since the device will poll for a firmware update. Of course, you'll need to go into the app and set the config the way you want it from scratch.

I guess I can imagine a situation where if the WiiM Home app is one or more versions out of date, a firmware upgrade could be delayed if there are known compatibility issues with an older app. WiiM would be aware of both your firmware and app versions.
Tried device hard reset. In a word, nope. It does check version but did not spontaneously update. Still on old version dated 8/24. And the beat goes on...

Tried device hard reset. In a word, nope. It does check version but did not spontaneously update. Still on old version dated 8/24. And the beat goes on...
I meant a factory reset, not a power down restart (if I'm interpreting correctly). Take it back to ground zero and 1.0 firmware. Then you might get the most recent firmware, if that's worth the trouble of reconfiguring everything.

I meant a factory reset, not a power down restart (if I'm interpreting correctly). Take it back to ground zero and 1.0 firmware. Then you might get the most recent firmware, if that's worth the trouble of reconfiguring everything.
Thought we'd already established in a thread somewhere that factory reset doesn't affect the firmware version.

I tried that on one of my Pros after the August 31 announce date to try and force it. I still wound up with the same one as when I did the reset.

Back