Amazon HD issue

III

Hi there,

Just setup Amazon Music HD but when I select My Music and then Artists, it only shows the odd album?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Once I learned that Amazon restricted the user's library to 100 tracks. I first understood 100 albums, but indeed it meant tracks. May be something related?

May be they want to keep it not too easy 😝
Anyway, my choice is also Qobuz from the first hour they appeared in Germany. AMHD is more or less for my granddaughter who loves to create playlists for grandpa 😉. Little issues one will find in every streaming service, depending to the personal priorities. Luxury problems I think.

May be they want to keep it not too easy 😝
Anyway, my choice is also Qobuz from the first hour they appeared in Germany. AMHD is more or less for my granddaughter who loves to create playlists for grandpa 😉. Little issues one will find in every streaming service, depending to the personal priorities. Luxury problems I think.
If they could fix the artist sorting for A-Z for Qobuz I would be even happier 😏

@III
I found the answer I got in May.

It's a known restriction that Amazon apparently won't address - see the WiiM known errors table, first entry - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/solutions/articles/72000572637-wiim-mini-known-issues
Doesn’t sound like it’s the same issue if only one album is showing. There may be a general restriction in the amazon music api to only returning a max of 100 results to a query whether that be favourites, playlist or whatever, but I wouldn’t see that only returning one album

It’s a shame, I thought it was a possible cheaper replacement for Qobuz but it’s not to be.
Doesn’t Qobuz have its own limits and quirks?

Anyway, using the Amazon Music app you can cast bit perfect up to 24/192 (which you can’t with Qobuz), so use that rather than the WiiM app.

I haven’t used alexacast before 🤔
Worth using. I’d go as far as to say that cast/Connect mechanisms are the way to go as they offer the full range of features available for a streaming service rather than the reduced set that they generally make available thru their third party APIs. Plus WiiM is unique in supporting bit perfect casting up to 24/192 from the Amazon music app. However, it must be said that AlexaCast is not available in all regions where Amazon Music is - Poland for example. Spotify and Tidal also have their Connect features, while Qobuz has supposedly been working on their version for some time.

Worth using. I’d go as far as to say that cast/Connect mechanisms are the way to go as they offer the full range of features available for a streaming service rather than the reduced set that they generally make available thru their third party APIs. Plus WiiM is unique in supporting bit perfect casting up to 24/192 from the Amazon music app. However, it must be said that AlexaCast is not available in all regions where Amazon Music is - Poland for example. Spotify and Tidal also have their Connect features, while Qobuz has supposedly been working on their version for some time.
The only option I have to cast with is Airplay, can’t see anything for alexacast.

Back