Amazon HD issue

III

Hi there,

Just setup Amazon Music HD but when I select My Music and then Artists, it only shows the odd album?

Any ideas?

Thanks

In the Wiim Home app when you chose the Alexa option, did it ask you to log in with your Amazon credentials, and did you allow it to access the Alexa voice service on the next screen?

if you go back to that Alexa option, it should now have a sign out option if you signed in correctly.

It might be worth downloading the alexa app and seeing if your mini appears there under devices/echo&Alexa

Also, what did you mean earlier about changing your location to UK?

In the Wiim Home app when you chose the Alexa option, did it ask you to log in with your Amazon credentials, and did you allow it to access the Alexa voice service on the next screen?

if you go back to that Alexa option, it should now have a sign out option if you signed in correctly.

It might be worth downloading the alexa app and seeing if your mini appears there under devices/echo&Alexa

Also, what did you mean earlier about changing your location to UK?
It was just the language settings to the uk and Ireland.

It was just the language settings to the uk and Ireland.
After that you should have got an Alexa splash page where clicking next took you back to the Wiim app browse page.

Where are you using the amazon music App, on iOS or android? Casting isn’t supported from the pc app. If you’re on iOS or android, you should be able to select the rectangular cast icon on the play bar to bring up a list of devices you can cast to.

Hopefully I am not again to foolish and I apologize for off-topic before.
All this casting options out of Qobuz, Tidal and Amazon (the three I tried) give me at the very first start of a listening session not the "cast to" options. They only appear once the first track started already. My fault? Another setting option I do not know? Why are they not available immediately when opening the app? Stop and re-start is a tiny bit annoying 😉

Hopefully I am not again to foolish and I apologize for off-topic before.
All this casting options out of Qobuz, Tidal and Amazon (the three I tried) give me at the very first start of a listening session not the "cast to" options. They only appear once the first track started already. My fault? Another setting option I do not know? Why are they not available immediately when opening the app? Stop and re-start is a tiny bit annoying 😉
In the Amazon Music app, you can go to the settings cog and select a cast target before selecting a track to play. On thé Qobuz Discover page, you can do similar.

Unfortunately still not seeing the Wiim mini ☹️. Doesn’t look like it wants to register with Amazon even though I can play music?

Unfortunately still not seeing the Wiim mini ☹️. Doesn’t look like it wants to register with Amazon even though I can play music?

Separate things really - you only need the Alexa link if you want to cast from the Amazon Music app or ask Alexa to play music on your Wiim.

Did you try downloading the alexa app to your phone to see if it shows the WiiM there? And what o/s are you running the Amazon Music app on?

Separate things really - you only need the Alexa link if you want to cast from the Amazon Music app or ask Alexa to play music on your Wiim.

Did you try downloading the alexa app to your phone to see if it shows the WiiM there? And what o/s are you running the Amazon Music app on?
Running on iPad and even with the Alexa app installed on the iPad, I still couldn’t see the Wiim.

Any possible interferences with smart apps? A friend of mine once had problems with the Google home app and casting. Only an idea...

My bad, I hadn’t read the comments on this thread properly and hadn’t setup Alexa as a service in the Wiim app 🫣. Thanks for all your help and sorry for my stupidity.

Back