[Amazon music] Press the stop button to stop the music after 5 seconds.

Wiimer

Major Contributor
I had this bug after the 1/16 update.

If you press the stop button during playback, the music will continue to play for a while and stop after about 5 seconds.

Wiim's Play/Stop button, wiim app, voice controls, AlexaCast, all of these are the same symptoms.

I tried rebooting but it doesn't help.
I have contacted the support team.

What about your WiiM mini?

Yes, I actually came here to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. This morning (when my phone was ringing) I hit pause and it took over 10 seconds to stop the music.

Also, there is an issue if you want to select a different track from the album currently playing:
From the current track > Three dots >View Album > (select track) and the app just ends and takes me back to my home screen. Repeatable error and does it on both my phone and my tablet.

Additionally, frequently cuts off the first couple of seconds of a track when using skip forward or back.

This is something that's very recently started for me as well ... it's as annoying as hell!

I'm casting from the Amazon App and it used to be virtually instant.

Thanks.

I'm Android, but I don't think the phone is relevant. Because even the play button on the Wiim has a delay.

By the way, today it is working without problems. This may be an issue with the Amazon API.

This is Answer from WiiM Support.
------------------
We will check with this issue soon and find the root cause, thanks very much for your patience in advance.
------------------

Yes same here wether I press play/pause on the wiim mini itself or my iphone or iPad It takes 10 second to respond.
also when play an album on Amazon music it’s not in order it’s like it’s stuck in shuffle.

Yes same here wether I press play/pause on the wiim mini itself or my iphone or iPad It takes 10 second to respond.
also when play an album on Amazon music it’s not in order it’s like it’s stuck in shuffle.
Do you have Amazon Music Unlimited or Prime? Shuffle mode is now standard for the latter.

Not seeing that behaviour on my Mini nor Pro casting initially from my iPad from its Amazon Music app, then switching to the WiiM app back and forth, and even across to my Android phone connecting to that same stream on both apps. Pausing and playing all subsecond, and even switching to another album, while not instantaneous (is the amazon music app ever that? ;) ) , plays within a few seconds.

I am experiencing the same delay on Wiim mini with app on IOS using Amazon Unlimited. Seems to have started earlier this week

Also, there is an issue if you want to select a different track from the album currently playing:
From the current track > Three dots >View Album > (select track) and the app just ends and takes me back to my home screen. Repeatable error and does it on both my phone and my tablet.
Same with my Android Wiim app. However, it does not crash when you play the album from a screen other than the Now playing UI.

The delay in stopping the music still happens from time to time.

I have a WiiM Mini and Amazon Music Unlimited. I have the same play/pause delay issue on both Android and IOS tablets. Previously stop/play was instantaneous.
The same happens with both the native Amazon App and the Wiim Home App.
I have another flaw. Pausing / unpausing a song works within 15/20 minutes. If more time passes, the WiiM Mini disconnects and there is no way to reconnect it.
The only way is to close the App (Native App or WHA is the same in both); reopen the App; reconnect the WiiM.
At this point I see the song that I paused, but if I press play it doesn't start from the stop point, but from the first track of the album

Yes, I actually came here to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. This morning (when my phone was ringing) I hit pause and it took over 10 seconds to stop the music.

Additionally, frequently cuts off the first couple of seconds of a track when using skip forward or back.
Exactly the same behaviour here.

Hi Team,

Thanks for very much for letting us know this issue. I've forwarded this issue to our engineering team and we'll resolve it ASAP. Please stay tuned!
I hadn’t experienced this till yesterday when I was testing out Amazon Music Unlimited MRM with the Pro - you might see some evidence of it in the log for ticket #7827.

It should be noted that this has been reported by someone casting to an Echo Link, so it may be more of an Amazon rather than WiiM issue.

Back