[Amazon music] Press the stop button to stop the music after 5 seconds.

Wiimer

Major Contributor
I had this bug after the 1/16 update.

If you press the stop button during playback, the music will continue to play for a while and stop after about 5 seconds.

Wiim's Play/Stop button, wiim app, voice controls, AlexaCast, all of these are the same symptoms.

I tried rebooting but it doesn't help.
I have contacted the support team.

What about your WiiM mini?

I had this bug after the 1/16 update.

If you press the stop button during playback, the music will continue to play for a while and stop after about 5 seconds.

Wiim's Play/Stop button, wiim app, voice controls, AlexaCast, all of these are the same symptoms.

I tried rebooting but it doesn't help.
I have contacted the support team.

What about your WiiM mini?
From @WiiM Support: Device --> Network Status --> Turn on "Preferred DNS Server 8.8.8.8" + myself turned off "Enable IPv6".
For me Play/Stop with WiiM Home and Amazon Music app on android devices works again as expected (nearly instantly).
But be warned Wiim Home app: From the current track > Three dots >View Album > (select track) got even worse for me ... sometimes browse view, sometimes app crash, sometimes home screen of device :unsure:

Last edited:
Had the WiiM mini for about 1 month now and am streaming via Amazon Unlimited via S/PDIF from my DAC. Has been working great until yesterday. Apparently, it pushed down an auto-update and now I'm having the same 5-10s pause delay for stopping/starting music. More significantly, it took on new powers entirely on its own! When I'm finished with my listening session, I always turn off bluetooth as well as force the WiiM mini app to stop just for safety reasons. Turning off bluetooth has always resulted in the music stopping, and the forced stop is just for my confirmation that all is well. Last night, however, doing both of those things did absolutely nothing! The music kept playing beyond my ability to control it and I had to disconnect the power from the mini itself in order to turn it off. Good grief!

Had the WiiM mini for about 1 month now and am streaming via Amazon Unlimited via S/PDIF from my DAC. Has been working great until yesterday. Apparently, it pushed down an auto-update and now I'm having the same 5-10s pause delay for stopping/starting music. More significantly, it took on new powers entirely on its own! When I'm finished with my listening session, I always turn off bluetooth as well as force the WiiM mini app to stop just for safety reasons. Turning off bluetooth has always resulted in the music stopping, and the forced stop is just for my confirmation that all is well. Last night, however, doing both of those things did absolutely nothing! The music kept playing beyond my ability to control it and I had to disconnect the power from the mini itself in order to turn it off. Good grief!
You should raise a ticket and report this - the more who do, the better chance they'll be able to diagnose and fix it

WiiM admit there’s an issue with the mini firmware that they hope to resolve this week with a new firmware update
Hi Team,

Yes, there's a bug in our Mini firmware that causes this issue for Amazon Music. It has been fixed and should be released starting from tomorrow. Our apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank you!

I look forward to the fix that fixes this annoying bug. Have you tried to answer the phone while listening to music? You hit pause and......the music goes on for 5 or more seconds. 😖
5 seconds seem like nothing, but in some cases they are very long.
By the way, what happens to the support? I haven't seen any firmware updates since January 16th.
Perhaps the WiiM support had got us too used to it, with even 2 firmware updates a month, but...... from one extreme to the other? :unsure: :)

I look forward to the fix that fixes this annoying bug. Have you tried to answer the phone while listening to music? You hit pause and......the music goes on for 5 or more seconds. 😖
5 seconds seem like nothing, but in some cases they are very long.
By the way, what happens to the support? I haven't seen any firmware updates since January 16th.
Perhaps the WiiM support had got us too used to it, with even 2 firmware updates a month, but...... from one extreme to the other? :unsure: :)
Hi Maurizio,

The update will resume to the normal pace, i.e., twice/per month. The next couple updates of our device firmware and App will focus on the bug fix and performance improvements on the product's existing features. We get a lot of feedback from our users so we want to pause and address these feedback first. Our apologies for these bugs, some are quite annoying and our team will do our best to get it resolved ASAP. We appreciate your patience and please stay tuned! Thank you!

Hi Maurizio,

The update will resume to the normal pace, i.e., twice/per month. The next couple updates of our device firmware and App will focus on the bug fix and performance improvements on the product's existing features. We get a lot of feedback from our users so we want to pause and address these feedback first. Our apologies for these bugs, some are quite annoying and our team will do our best to get it resolved ASAP. We appreciate your patience and please stay tuned! Thank you!

Please test them properly before releasing them as the pause issue only started following an update .... it's the one issue I have with the WiiM and am hearing other customers getting fed up with it as well.
It's the whole difference between a good product and an annoying toy.

Please test them properly before releasing them as the pause issue only started following an update .... it's the one issue I have with the WiiM and am hearing other customers getting fed up with it as well.
It's the whole difference between a good product and an annoying toy.
Hi Witterings,

Your comments are well noted. We have put additional gatekeeper for this type of regression bugs. I hope you'll see the improvements from this front very soon. Thank you!

@ WiiM Support I have just received the last firmware update and now pausing AMU is immediate as was before, but....i have lost another function. It seems that the Wiims (Mini and Pro) have lost their idle state so the auto shut off of my external DAC when not casting music for 1 minute does not works anymore.

In the WHA i have setted the standby mode at 1 min in both WiiMs, but nothing happens. Untill yesterday i had my DAC shut of after 1 minute.
I just did a discover, the WiiMs enter in idle state after more than 20 minutes ignoring the 1 minute trigger I put in the settings.
The lost idle state is for : Spotify and AMU as in the native apps as in WHA

@ WiiM Support I have just received the last firmware update and now pausing AMU is immediate as was before, but....i have lost another function. It seems that the Wiims (Mini and Pro) have lost their idle state so the auto shut off of my external DAC when not casting music for 1 minute does not works anymore.

In the WHA i have setted the standby mode at 1 min in both WiiMs, but nothing happens. Untill yesterday i had my DAC shut of after 1 minute.
I just did a discover, the WiiMs enter in idle state after more than 20 minutes ignoring the 1 minute trigger I put in the settings.
The lost idle state is for : Spotify and AMU as in the native apps as in WHA
Hi Maurizio,

Can you please send us a feedback with the WiiM Home App for your standby issue? Thank you!

Hi Team,

Yes, there's a bug in our Mini firmware that causes this issue for Amazon Music. It has been fixed and should be released starting from tomorrow. Our apologies for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank you!
Firmware 4.6.507043 fixed play/stop issue for me. No more problems for more than a week. 🙂

Back