Anything like the WiiM Amp with 5.1 surround?

Woody

Major Contributor
I've become completely spoiled by the WiiM Amp and the ease of use with the app.
It's made me want the same level of control and simplicity for my home theater setup.
Does anyone make a 5.1 product like that, or any talk of something from WiiM?

Thanks and let me know if this is too far off topic or should be moved.

Just Hook the Avr you need to the pro.
Just switch channels between phono, fire TV, console etc.
Running an old vsx-920 does everything

Just Hook the Avr you need to the pro.
Just switch channels between phono, fire TV, console etc.
Running an old vsx-920 does everything
Will that give me control over the gain per channel on the amp?
I guess I should have mentioned I currently run separates for amp and pre-amp.

I have booked the amp up with an sub.
One could add a soundbar via Toslink to tv, mediaplayer.
But the 2.1 set up sounds great.

I have booked the amp up with an sub.
One could add a soundbar via Toslink to tv, mediaplayer.
But the 2.1 set up sounds great.
Thanks for that information.
The setup in question has 5 speakers built into the wall with an additional sub.
I'd like to be able to control the surround setup in a fashion similar to what we can do with the WiiM Amp and 2.1 speakers.

Last edited:
For myself the 2.1 set up is more then enough for watching movies,docus.
I use the amp for music and the experience watching movies is also great.

One could use an soundbar..connecting it with toslink to you,re mediaplayer of tv then you would also have a center speaker. Its not essential to me..there is also someting like phantom center speaker.

For instance if one would have an AVR receiver and it would be great with movies but with music not so good as a receiver which is focused on the music aspect, i would always choose the musical one.
2.1 Set up is good enough..music,voices sound absoluty clear. Watching movies is in my opinion excellent with the AMP.

Last edited:
For myself the 2.1 set up is more then enough for watching movies,docus.
I use the amp for music and the experience watching movies is also great.

One could use an soundbar..connecting it with toslink to you,re mediaplayer of tv then you would also have a center speaker. Its not essential to me..there is also someting like phantom center speaker.

For instance if one would have an AVR receiver and it would be great with movies but with music not so good as a receiver which is focused on the music aspect, i would always choose the musical one.
2.1 Set up is good enough..music,voices sound absoluty clear. Watching movies is in my opinion excellent with the AMP.
I agree with 2.1 and have a room setup primarily for music, but also connected to tv and happy with that.

I have another room that has the 5 speakers built in the walls and ceiling that I would love to swap out the giant 5 channel amp and surround sound processor for a WiiM Amp type product. It works fine, but making adjustments is a pain compared with how the WiiM Amp app works.

I agree with 2.1 and have a room setup primarily for music, but also connected to tv and happy with that.

I have another room that has the 5 speakers built in the walls and ceiling that I would love to swap out the giant 5 channel amp and surround sound processor for a WiiM Amp type product. It works fine, but making adjustments is a pain compared with how the WiiM Amp app works.
I can understand what you are saying.
Maybe they will bring out such a product...Maybe the WIIM Ultra is? There are topics here about this future device.

Only thing that you can do now is maybe using WIIM mini or Pro+ and connecting this to you,re AVR amp. This give you more functionality. overall.

Last edited:
Back