Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Hello,

Not sure if is the right thread , I'm a new user of wiim pro plus and i also have issues when playing to my Bluetooth speaker (sony ) i playing through Roon , after a while after playing without no problem is beginning to stutter , in order to be ok again i have to shut down speaker :(,

Can i do something regard this? On line in is working grate ...the issue is BT , i also want to use as a Bluetooth if i have this option but i expect to work also without any issue.

I feel your pain!

I have problems still with both my Pro and Amp. Both devices give different results. The Pro will stream ok(ish) to my Dali Katch (since the latest FW upgrade). There is usually an initial stutter which only pausing and waiting a bit before unpausing will resolve. The Amp does not play nice at the minute with the Dali Katch. On the other hand, my cheap BT headband works nicely now (since the FW upgrade) with the Amp but not the Pro. Both devices refuse to play nicely with my Sony headphones.

Steve

Hello,

Not sure if is the right thread , I'm a new user of wiim pro plus and i also have issues when playing to my Bluetooth speaker (sony ) i playing through Roon , after a while after playing without no problem is beginning to stutter , in order to be ok again i have to shut down speaker :(,

Can i do something regard this? On line in is working grate ...the issue is BT , i also want to use as a Bluetooth if i have this option but i expect to work also without any issue.

Hello,

It would help if you submitted a ticket to WiiM thru the settings/feedback section in the app to add to the body of evidence they have for this issue

@Shozzer .
Tested it with my Dali IO6. The same unfortunately. Still drop outs, stuttering.
How is it possible..are we doing something wrong? Never any issues with my Dali but with the Wiimamp there is stuttering,dropouts.
Hopefully Wiim is able to pick this up and fix it.

Last edited:
I am very pleased with the amp. I am wondering how it can be our Bluetooth devices are notworking accordingly.?
I will raise a ticket hadn't done it yet because everytime I hope they can fix it with an update.

We need to make wider audiophile community aware of this fundamental problem. I bought it to use with BT and now it is just a piece of brick. Amazon reviews should warn people that WiiM Pro useless for BT.
Did you contact WIIM?
What is the reaction of WIIM?
I mean i have a Dali headphone..this one has the stuttering problem.
Never had any issues with the Dali on other devices.
I really have no clue how it's possible it causes problems with the amp but unfortunately it does.

We need to make wider audiophile community aware of this fundamental problem. I bought it to use with BT and now it is just a piece of brick. Amazon reviews should warn people that WiiM Pro useless for BT.
Until WiiM provide a solution, you can add an inexpensive BT transmitter such as below to the RCA output of your WiiM device rather than not using it at all. And before you say you shouldn’t have to, I agree, but it makes little sense not to use the more expensive WiiM device and its range of services when a cheap temporary workaround is readily available.

Last edited:
I understand where you are coming from, but if everyone did this then inertia will kick in, and pressure on WiiM to resolve this issue will fall. I doubt as well that WiiM are going to reimburse customers for any workaround devices purchased to help with a product that should just work out of the box.

Feedback from WiiM would go a long way to reassure users who are suffering from these defects - what action is being taken and timescales involved. I, for one, would be very happy to test potential solutions, as I am sure others would too.

Steve

Until WiiM provide a solution, you can add an inexpensive BT transmitter such as below to the RCA output of your WiiM device rather than not using it at all. And before you say you shouldn’t have to, I agree, but it makes little sense not to use the more expensive WiiM device and its range of services when a cheap temporary workaround is readily available.

Back