Bluetooth Stutter

Shozzer

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Yes, counted at least three of them, one more really had enterference but it does not relate to music - it was bluetooth mouse.

Morning All,

New WiiM Pro owner as of last week. Works flawlessly over Wi-Fi when connected to my Denon amplifier via Line Out and also Optical Out (Coax is a no go as my current connectors don't fit onto the WiiM!) but when connecting to Bluetooth devices - Dali Katch, Sony Headphones and a cheap headband (for use when going to sleep - not a good look!) the sound stutters badly. Have other users had similar problems and were they able to overcome them? The experience varies. Sometimes when the stutter starts, pausing a few seconds allows the sound to buffer and then normal playback is possible. Sometimes it then becomes necessary to repeat the process if the stutter starts again.

The problem occurs whether streaming from LMS or Qobuz via WiiM and happens irrespective of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. A device reset did partly improve the situation but essentially Bluetooth is unusable which is a shame as that was the main reason for getting the WiiM. I have submitted a ticket to WiiM but wondered if others had similar experiences they could share.

Thanks for reading.

Steve
Known problem... Not fixed despite many complaints.

Known problem... Not fixed despite many complaints.
Sadly this applies to the Amp as well. Whilst I understand that BT can cause issues, I am surprised at the level of problems experienced with WiiM devices and BT. I have never experienced such difficulties with other equipment.

Steve

Sadly this applies to the Amp as well. Whilst I understand that BT can cause issues, I am surprised at the level of problems experienced with WiiM devices and BT. I have never experienced such difficulties with other equipment.

Steve
No reaction from WiiM. I am afraid we got what we paid for…

Could be due to antennae location/length/shielding for rfi. I am not an engineer. I have a NUC and it has similar wifi/bt issues. On their(beelink) support site some users have updated bt antennae to the exterior of the device and has improved reception.

Steve
I have these issues too. Hadn't expected this. BT helas I have the same stutter problem with my new wiimamp.
I connected my daliio6 headphones I heard the music but the music randomly stutters.
What can be the cause of this?
I have no issues with other devices.
For instance I use them with my TV,pc or smartphone no problem but when I connected them to the wiimamp I got problems with stuttering.
I have connected the wiimamp to an ethernet cable by the way.

What is the reaction from Wiim?
Is this a known problem with the Wiim device's?
Because in this thread you can see there are problems on this manner with the Wiimamp and the wiimpro.

Steve
Must say i didn't expect this from Wiim. How can this happen.
They know people are using Bluetooth how can it be there are such problems with BT?

The tickets raised the better, I think. WiiM are currently looking into this but the more reports that are made the better data they will have to help provide a fix.

Steve

Must say i didn't expect this from Wiim. How can this happen.
They know people are using Bluetooth how can it be there are such problems with BT?

Steve
Hi Steve, Team

We have implemented several improvements in our recent firmware updates. These enhancements have positively impacted many users' devices. However, if you're still encountering issues while using your WiiM device to connect via Bluetooth to other receiver devices, we're here to help.

Please submit a feedback ticket through our system, and we'll promptly investigate the matter. Your feedback is invaluable in continuously improving our products and services. Thank you!

Thanks for your reply and help.
In testing a little bit now and have an update on my findings:
I've connected my Jabra elit 7 pro,s.
Get the confirmation through the headphones they are connected .
No issues no stuttering.
Maybe it has something to do with the high and codec on the Dali IO6.
I will set is to aac on my phone. Will connect them to my phone and then again to the amp.
Will report on my result later.
I have some moondrop IEMs too will test them also.

But with the Jabra,s all fine no stuttering.

Thanks for your reply and help.
In testing a little bit now and have an update on my findings:
I've connected my Jabra elit 7 pro,s.
Get the confirmation through the headphones they are connected .
No issues no stuttering.
Maybe it has something to do with the high and codec on the Dali IO6.
I will set is to aac on my phone. Will connect them to my phone and then again to the amp.
Will report on my result later.
I have some moondrop IEMs too will test them also.

But with the Jabra,s all fine no stuttering.

What sound source are you playing?
Can I try to see if stuttering occurs in the same way with other sources?

What sound source are you playing?
Can I try to see if stuttering occurs in the same way with other sources?
Spotify.
I will do some tests tomorrow.
I will try other sources.
The Jabra worked with nu stuttering at all😀
Worked flawlessly.
Post my findings tomorrow.
Thanks for your help and reply 👍

For the rest very happy with the amp..
You will hear from me tomorrow

Last edited:
My experiences through some testing:
First thing is the device ( in my opinion) has struggles a little bit to find my Bluetooth devices.
But with a few attempts it succeeded.

With my Dali IO6 :stuttering. Tried to set the codec on my phone to AAC but stuttering remains..

With my Jabra elite 7 pros..no stuttering at all😮.

With my moondrop space travel.. again device has some time needed to find the device.
With them the stuttering is immense. So huge one can't properly listen to anything.

But the with my Shanling UP5 in combination with my moondrop Katos..no stuttering at all 😮

How is it possible that the one devices struggling with stuttering and a other device works perfectly fine.??
Anyone any ideas? Any suggestions are welcome off course.

I think a have to raise a ticket now.

I will be updating my ticket shortly with my experiences.

I use WiiM Amp for streaming via LMS, either with Spotify or playback of local tracks (mainly FLAC).

In the main, my BT headband works ok. There is the occasional stutter at the start of playback but pausing for a few seconds and then unpausing seems to cure that. It is not ideal, but works. There is the occasional click during playback which sets the heart racing as one anticipates uncontrollable stutter but playback continues fine.

The same can be said for my Dali Katch G2. Whilst not 100%, it is better than it was. I have not tested this too much as when a glitch occurs, it causes my wife's eyebrows to raise! She can't understand why a new device should not work properly. She can't hear playback when I use headphones... I hope to test this a bit more fully later today, time permitting.

It is a different story with my Sony headphones - WH-1000XM3 and WH-1000XMW. Whilst playback is definitely better, there are still frequent clicks which makes playback unusable as well as intermittent stutter and a terrible trilling. Pausing and unpausing has mixed results, but essentially the Sony headphones are unusable with the Amp. I have yet to receive the FW update for my Pro so cannot comment on any improvements or otherwise there.

I know that WiiM are looking hard at this and I hope that a solution can be found soon.

Steve

My experiences through some testing:
First thing is the device ( in my opinion) has struggles a little bit to find my Bluetooth devices.
But with a few attempts it succeeded.

With my Dali IO6 :stuttering. Tried to set the codec on my phone to AAC but stuttering remains..

With my Jabra elite 7 pros..no stuttering at all😮.

With my moondrop space travel.. again device has some time needed to find the device.
With them the stuttering is immense. So huge one can't properly listen to anything.

But the with my Shanling UP5 in combination with my moondrop Katos..no stuttering at all 😮

How is it possible that the one devices struggling with stuttering and a other device works perfectly fine.??
Anyone any ideas? Any suggestions are welcome off course.

I think a have to raise a ticket now.

I use WiiM Amp for streaming via LMS, either with Spotify or playback of local tracks (mainly FLAC).

In the main, my BT headband works ok. There is the occasional stutter at the start of playback but pausing for a few seconds and then unpausing seems to cure that. It is not ideal, but works. There is the occasional click during playback which sets the heart racing as one anticipates uncontrollable stutter but playback continues fine.

The same can be said for my Dali Katch G2. Whilst not 100%, it is better than it was. I have not tested this too much as when a glitch occurs, it causes my wife's eyebrows to raise! She can't understand why a new device should not work properly. She can't hear playback when I use headphones... I hope to test this a bit more fully later today, time permitting.

It is a different story with my Sony headphones - WH-1000XM3 and WH-1000XMW. Whilst playback is definitely better, there are still frequent clicks which makes playback unusable as well as intermittent stutter and a terrible trilling. Pausing and unpausing has mixed results, but essentially the Sony headphones are unusable with the Amp. I have yet to receive the FW update for my Pro so cannot comment on any improvements or otherwise there.

I know that WiiM are looking hard at this and I hope that a solution can be found soon.

Steve
Thank you very much for you,re reaction steve.
I will raise a ticket in the app soon.
Hopefully Wiim can do anything about it. Don,t know how this is possible but im sure Wiim will do what they can. Maybe they can see anything on the Device Logs..we will see.

Strange that my DaliIO6 and my Moondrop space travels have stuttering issues and the Jabra,s Elite 7 or the Shanling UP5 in combination with my Moondrop Kato,s dont have problems.
The Moondrop Space travel stuttering is so big that it cant be uses at all. With die Dalio IO6 you cant say when the stuttering appears its randomly..

One thing that i see is dat het Device struggels to find my devices there where my phone finds the devices immediatly. When for instance the Dali or the Space travel gets the connected confirmation this message alone stutters also.
Dont know if this all has to do anything with it. But is seems to me the bleutooth connection walks a litte bit behind it seems to struggle to maintain the connection. BUT...again with the Jabra,s and my Shanling UP5 the is no stuttering at all.

Last edited:

Steve
See https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/wh10...mproved,supplied with the transmitting device.

Wiim Devices only support SBC and AAC, so maybe they need to lock on to SBC (if that’s not the same as AAC in this context)

The Dali supports AAC..Not SBC I think. I assume when connecting to the Dali it locks on AAC.

Space travel moondrop supports SBC and AAC.
Doesn't it has to do with the Bluetooth protocol?

Back