Chromecast over Bluetooth?

Satorikn

Hi!

I received my WiiM Pro today and everything has been great, except for one thing that i can't make work.

My main Music Service is YouTube Music, which means that i got to use Chromecast to stream to the WiiM Pro, i got wired speakers and the feature works when i stream to my amplifier, but when i try to stream directly from the WiiM to a Bluetooth source, even when properly selected on the settings, no sound comes out of the Bluetooth destination, even when the Chromecast source shows that it's playing and the bluetooth destination shows that it is connected to the WiiM and viceversa.

The bluetooth wireless stream works with Spotify and Pandora, but it's no dice with Chromecast.

Any ideas? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks!

Although I'd avoid using Bluetooth as an output altogether (and stick to a wired analog/digital output), this does sound like a bug to me :) especially because it works with Spotify/Pandora

@WiiM Team

Although I'd avoid using Bluetooth as an output altogether (and stick to a wired analog/digital output), this does sound like a bug to me :) especially because it works with Spotify/Pandora

@WiiM Team
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I mainly use it as an Over WiFi streamer, wired to the amplifier thru SPDIF, but i also have a bluetooth setup of 2 tethered UE Hyperbooms (only have to stream to one and the link to each other) and that doesn't work with Chromecast, using tha aforementioned config, but works with every other service, so yeah, i assume it's a current WiiM Pro software bug, hopefully it gets addressed soon.

Thank you,

Seems like this issue is going to be fixed with a firmware update soon:

Seems like this issue is going to be fixed with a firmware update soon:
Awesome! Thank you very much, excited with all the WiiM Pro capabilities and how fast the developing team is addressing the issues.

Back