Constant Pausing

g3rain1

The Wiim Mini is constantly pausing. After playing for a while it just starts pausing all over the place. The pauses seem to get longer and more frequent the longer it's playing. Restarting the device helps, but it starts pausing again soon.

The Wiim Mini is constantly pausing. After playing for a while it just starts pausing all over the place. The pauses seem to get longer and more frequent the longer it's playing. Restarting the device helps, but it starts pausing again soon.
This sort of thing is almost always network related. Interference from other WiFi's nearby, cheap routers allocating the same IP address twice, weak WiFi signal, etc.

I have a Ubiquity U6 Pro AP that's quite good and has direct line of site to the Wiim. Nothing else on the network has any issue connection or staying connected.

And if it were network related why does it slowly get worse over time and resettling fixes it?

I experienced this also from time to time on my Pro. Have not sorted out yet why it happens. Sometimes it stops after 30 mins, sometimes after 4 hours. Then I just open Tidal (connect) click again on play and continue to listen.

I experienced this also from time to time on my Pro. Have not sorted out yet why it happens. Sometimes it stops after 30 mins, sometimes after 4 hours. Then I just open Tidal (connect) click again on play and continue to listen.
Might that just be Tidal though? Googling “tidal connect pausing” does get a good few results…

Back