Firmware 4.8.524431

OK, I apologise; since the last firmware update I too, again, have needed to do a hard reboot on both Mini and Pro. I then have to spend another 10 mins or so to get the M2 Mac AND Apple Music to recognise and link. I feel it should have been fixed by now.

Mine all reboot as part of the update process.
Are you saying you need to perform a manual reboot too / instead?
Yes, mine also shows that it is rebooting during the update process, but when it is done, the settings are all gone. Second, the soft reboot also proceeds but can't find my settings, either. Only the "hard" fix works.

I'll send feedback from the iPad app if I can get the on-screen keyboard to be nice. (And this is another reason why I wanted the PC version of WHA to be full[er] featured.)

had some connectivity issues with IPV6 turned on by default; can this be turned off when installing and if needed turned on? i reboot after any firmware update and allow it to reconnect.
would be nice too if the they allowed a different dns server to be used. if i turn off, it should then default over to what i have in the router.

I find doing a factory reset is the easiest to fix issues if i‘m experience any problems. Just press and hold play button on device for 10 seconds afterwards, you will hear the voice tone and see the light flashing red. Factory reset clears all source, volume, and network settings from the device and returns it back to the original factory settings.

had some connectivity issues with IPV6 turned on by default; can this be turned off when installing and if needed turned on? i reboot after any firmware update and allow it to reconnect.
would be nice too if the they allowed a different dns server to be used. if i turn off, it should then default over to what i have in the router.

In my case, if I soft reboot with Ipv6 off, it is still off after reboot. It won't turn on unless switch it manually.

As Klipscher says, a factory reset may be necessary.

In my case, if I soft reboot with Ipv6 off, it is still off after reboot. It won't turn on unless switch it manually.

As Klipscher says, a factory reset may be necessary.
I'm 99% sure I had all 3 of my pros set up the same, including ipv6 off.
After all 3 got updated, and rebooted, one of them had this setting on.

I think the cause of them is not a reboot, but something to do with the firmware update.

My Wiim logged out of Amazon Music after the last update. Probably because the update added new features to AMU. This has happened several times in the past.

I'm 99% sure I had all 3 of my pros set up the same, including ipv6 off.
After all 3 got updated, and rebooted, one of them had this setting on.
Have you tested the problematic WiiM again?
i.e. turn off IPv6 > reboot

Doubt the 1%🙂

When i receive an update my WiiMs after the Download and Update phase do a self reboot. It appears on my tablet "Rebooting".
This done, it appears "Completed" and my WiiMs are fully operational again.
No loss of settings. I have IPV6 enabled.

Arrgh, I'm told mine is defective after all and is slated to be replaced (second time). Other than this firmware update/reboot snag, tho', it has been fine. I'll miss it .... (sniffle).

Arrgh, I'm told mine is defective after all and is slated to be replaced (second time). Other than this firmware update/reboot snag, tho', it has been fine. I'll miss it .... (sniffle).
Ask for a pro plus....

After the last update I'm back to square one with both Mini and Pro. I've rebooted the Mac, the router and both Wiims (they play the test tune OK).
Airplay control panel sometimes picks them up and selecting them can cause the icons to turn blue for a brief moment. Apple Music control panel may be able to acknowledge their whereabouts but clicking on them (the icons) either means that they disappear or stop the other Wiim,if active, to fail.
Sometimes, I think they are both working but as soon as the music starts they fail. Othertimes I may be able to get one to work -but only for a second.

I'm beyond annoyed. Yes, I have reported it.

After the last update I'm back to square one with both Mini and Pro. I've rebooted the Mac, the router and both Wiims (they play the test tune OK).
Airplay control panel sometimes picks them up and selecting them can cause the icons to turn blue for a brief moment. Apple Music control panel may be able to acknowledge their whereabouts but clicking on them (the icons) either means that they disappear or stop the other Wiim,if active, to fail.
Sometimes, I think they are both working but as soon as the music starts they fail. Othertimes I may be able to get one to work -but only for a second.

I'm beyond annoyed. Yes, I have reported it.
What’s your ticket number?

10020 -originally. 488448 later

R
Hi Bonky,

I understand that you've been experiencing some issues with the recent firmware update. If the previous version was more suitable for your needs, would you consider reverting your device back to that firmware? This could be a temporary solution while we work on improving the current version.

Additionally, I'm curious to know if you've tried other streaming options apart from AirPlay 2. Are these issues specific to AirPlay 2, or have you noticed them across other platforms as well?

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated as we work to resolve this matter.

I am trying to send you a screen recording (a movie) of the problems. The file is 1.38gb which is too large to send.

Please supply me with another address so I can send it to you.

Thanks,

R

I am trying to send you a screen recording (a movie) of the problems. The file is 1.38gb which is too large to send.

Please supply me with another address so I can send it to you.

Thanks,

R
While you're awaiting Wiim's response (maybe better updating your ticket or raise another referring to the previous one), you should maybe upload your video to Dropbox, wetransfer.com or similar and sending WiiM the link rather than trying to send it directly

Back