Haven't been able to set-up my WiiM Mini for a week...

freaknout

Out of desperation really I thought I'd ask the community if they can help.

This is a new Mini and it's never worked for me. I'm trying to set it up and this is what I do...

- Plug Mini in, white light comes on steady and then starts slowly flashing.
- My phones is poised with BT on and the WiiM Home app, "add a device" is selected and I get the search radar.
- After 5-10 secs I get the can't find your device message so I try again, and again and again (Mini is still flashing the white light).
- After approx 90 secs the light changes to red and flashes, this will not go away without pulling the plug.

The only other thing I have tried is to reset by pushing the play button down for 10 sec and and of course that doesn't work.

Neither the AliExpress Store or WiiM seem to be able to help beyond these steps and I'm currently stuck out of pocket and no working device.

@Griff what happened to your device, did you get it resolved? It just happened to my device (I bought it almost 2 years ago) I’m just wondering if maybe that was the lifecycle (never moved it to a different place)
I raised a ticket and ended up getting it replaced, under warranty, after they looked at logs etc. However i was clearing out some old electronics for recycling and pulled the broken Mini out and plugged it and just in case a few months later. It picked up a new firmware and started working. I contacted wiim and they confirmed they had changed something in the firmware to fix this type of problem and thanked me for coming back and letting them know it was working with the new firmware and they would let the engineering team know. Didn't want the device back. Still amazed by the level of service to be honest.

May be worth continuing with resets etc moving closer to wifi and see if it comes back to life.

I raised a ticket and ended up getting it replaced, under warranty, after they looked at logs etc. However i was clearing out some old electronics for recycling and pulled the broken Mini out and plugged it and just in case a few months later. It picked up a new firmware and started working. I contacted wiim and they confirmed they had changed something in the firmware to fix this type of problem and thanked me for coming back and letting them know it was working with the new firmware and they would let the engineering team know. Didn't want the device back. Still amazed by the level of service to be honest.

May be worth continuing with resets etc moving closer to wifi and see if it comes back to life.
That’s good to know! I’ve tried everything the last couple of days (I kept the device to the most updated firmware), I even connected another power supply but it looks like now it’s completely damaged (LED doesn’t even light xD), for an almost a 2 year old device I think it’s out of warranty, I just ordered a new one on Amazon, thanks for the reply.

Ha. Funny. :)

In isolation and coincidentally I managed to get my non-working Mini working yesterday after my wife found it by chance. I came here to report back and found these update posts! Mine was probably a different issue as I had to do some surgury. The wire connecting the ariel was likely pinched.

Back