Lineair power supply

I only want to listen to music. If one wants to look at graphs instead...ok.
The essence for me in the post above is "It's not audible!"
So why?? Perfectly visible satifies me in art. For music my preferences are different. And I am confident that I had missed a lot of fantastic gear if I looked at graphs before. I think in this point we are living in different galaxies. But thanks heaven it is enough space for all of us.
A sum of non audible but measurable issues can result in something audible. That's the point.

We will not find together. But will stay colleagues from different departments but with one target. Ok?

personally
I find that quite often it is heard..(especially on the whole of a controlled system)
I find that it is easy to observe...few minutes..
and
It costs nothing to check it.

simple...

but each one does as he wants..

me just a suggestion
;-)

I will have to check the phase on my wall socket. However for the powerstrip the earth sign is indicated and this is where the circled hole of the schuko plug goes. However why totally unfiltered and what is a good unfiltered power strip (eu version) ?

remove this protected filtered sector bar..
it is generally really unwelcome ... (a simple serious shuko will do the trick.)

then follow the manipulations explained in my links.. the "hificable"...
etc

but
end for me

I will have to check the phase on my wall socket. However for the powerstrip the earth sign is indicated and this is where the circled hole of the schuko plug goes. However why totally unfiltered and what is a good unfiltered power strip (eu version) ?
I don't know what is a common phase practice in different countries. A "live" wire is usually to the left when ground pin is on top for single wall sockets in my country.
In case of filtering it can be quite complex especially when SMPS-aware devices are used, as they are usually filtered internally and another filter can harm.

Last edited:
What do you think of this tweak?

It suggests lowering the digital volume by 3db (for instance on wiim mini) or so (so not bit perfect) but it solves a problem of dac filter overshoot as he describes...

For me it depends on the internal DAC's headroom management. Lowering digital volume somewhere in the audio chain and before DA conversion can help to avoid clipping if the headroom is not sufficient.

Hans is one of the very few YT "advisers" you can trust. He is in the industry for decades and he really knows what he is talking about. Never had a bad advise or information. Yes, he is not very glamorous indeed 😉😉 and yes, he earns money with this videos.

I have tested it. I had to set mqa on and remove the renderer only and set the capability to off to preserve hi res capability from tidal, while allowing me to change the volume. Then disabled fixed volume and reduced it by 3 clicks (not sure if one click corresponds to 1 db but I have settled there). According to what I am hearing the sound is smoother, has less edge and it presents more clearly. I like what i hear.

I have tested it. I had to set mqa on and remove the renderer only and set the capability to off to preserve hi res capability from tidal, while allowing me to change the volume. Then disabled fixed volume and reduced it by 3 clicks (not sure if one click corresponds to 1 db but I have settled there). According to what I am hearing the sound is smoother, has less edge and it presents more clearly. I like what i hear.
But you understand that it's related only to the very high recorded sound levels close to 0 dBFS, right? Any benefit in other cases is unrelated if not placebo.

But you understand that it's related only to the very high recorded sound levels close to 0 dBFS, right? Any benefit in other cases is unrelated if not placebo.
What do you mean by recorded sound levels? You mean that for example voice can hit 0dbfs and piano -78dbfs ? So in this case only voice can be affected?

What do you mean by recorded sound levels? You mean that for example voice can hit 0dbfs and piano -78dbfs ? So in this case only voice can be affected?
You do not have separate tracks per instrument, there is one complex waveform for each channel. If its samples on the timeline have high levels somewhere there is a risk of clipping here due to intersample peaks/overs for example.
You can find some details here:

You do not have separate tracks per instrument, there is one complex waveform for each channel. If its samples on the timeline have high levels somewhere there is a risk of clipping here due to intersample peaks/overs for example.
You can find some details here:
Thanks …

Formal study of bias needs to become required in public education of children. I really think this simple move would have huge benefits not just for this ridiculous thread but society at large.

I understand that there is also a bias , more like a defense mechanism inside everyone to down play the importance of certain things, which if accepted that would mean for the individual that there is a mountain of difference in sound quality between the toppings /smsls of this world and that is not bearable for them. And this applies for all physical assets as much as mental, societal , economic accomplishments.

Hans is one of the very few YT "advisers" you can trust. He is in the industry for decades and he really knows what he is talking about. Never had a bad advise or information. Yes, he is not very glamorous indeed 😉😉 and yes, he earns money with this videos.
I've only watched his "review" of the WiiM Mini, which is a joke. He's just another subjective "reviewer" with props in the background to make him look like he's actually serious.

@cc_rider
May be it is a good idea to make your own reviews? And, be assured, he is serious. And also may be you can explain a fool like me what exactly is the "joke" in your mentioned video? Could help such ignorants like me. I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
You’ll get facts and measurements based objective reviews on ASR. Most other sites and subjective “reviews” are simply shilling for their advertisers.

Back