Lineair power supply

Ask Amir about Hans. Maybe you make a little more differences then. "Most" is not a good argument. In my eyes it is to easy to manifest "simply a joke" without any specification. Anyway.. have a nice weekend 😉

Ask Amir about Hans. Maybe you make a little more differences then. "Most" is not a good argument. In my eyes it is to easy to manifest "simply a joke" without any specification. Anyway.. have a nice weekend 😉
And btw...the Kindergarten ASR is since a while only a place for measurement onanism for mostly first semester students. That is my statement similar to yours.

So what can I do with this knowledge relative to assessing or better quantifying equipment audible improvements? Can you measure distortion before and after while playing an audio track ? Reduction in distortion is captured accurately even in very small scales? Are you sure also that except distortion in 20hz - 20 kHz ,that distortion outside these boundaries does not have effects in sound impressions ?

Last edited:
You can do whatever you want, but I would suggest you become aware of the difference between the lowest level of distortion you can hear and the one that can be measured, such as -120 dBr. In a much wider frequency range than you could ever hear, btw.

And if you would like to compare your hearing abilities with the FFT assisted measurement, feel free:

1685647137869.png

I don’t want to compare anything . I just did a test quickly on my phone’s speaker to see what it is .

So someone should do a test with wiim mini playing a track with and without ifi ipower x and measure the distortion output in both cases….

The Mini is fully transparent over its toslink output with any of my bit-perfect capable devices regardless of the charger used. And within the measurement deviation error when ASRC is used. Even the ultra low noise Allo Nirvana does change nothing here.
Maybe there are DACs which can be affected by the charger used to power the Mini, but I do not own such low quality equipment.

The Mini is fully transparent over its toslink output with any of my bit-perfect capable devices regardless of the charger used. And within the measurement deviation error when ASRC is used. Even the ultra low noise Allo Nirvana does change nothing here.
Maybe there are DACs which can be affected by the charger used to power the Mini, but I do not own such low quality equipment.
It seems I own …

You’ll get facts and measurements based objective reviews on ASR.
Not always, remember the deeply flawed review and measurements of the Sonore microRendu?

While there has been revisionist history applied there to cover up the original botch job, that review concluded the mR could not be recommended because it was not bitperfect, and caused an 8dB rise at the analog output of the USB connected DAC.

All of that was of course completely false/inaccurate, said a lot about the competency of the reviewer, and also revealed an obvious agenda/axe to grind, as well as a failure to listen to the mR at all, as an 8dB rise surely would be easily/clearly audible to the most casual observer.

Also false was Amir's assertion that the iFi iPower was the "included" power supply with the microRendu, when in fact it was just one of several options offered by Sonore, who sold that unit by default sans PSU. Once corrected on that misrepresentation, he then tried to call the iPower Sonore's "recommended" PSU, which was also false, then tried to shift the goalposts entirely by turning the whole embarrassing debacle thing into a scathing indictment of the iPower itself.

Wow was there egg all over Amir's face when it was determined his test setup was deeply flawed, including Windows Media Player (really?), with the dithered software volume control enabled. No thats not bitperfect, not through the microRendu nor any other network endpoint either.

Microsoft, Windows Media Player, buying then immediately retiring HDCD... not exactly the stuff of audio legends there.

How about the steadfast backing of that complete crock of BS known as Master Quality Adulterated? Almost caused a mutiny among the faithful over there, didn't it?

ASR = groupthink extraordinaire, which is too bad because there are various good/knowledgable people posting there.

Back