Mini problems with optical SPDIF

Maurizio

Major Contributor
I don't know if happened after latest update, because I use more Pro than Mini and I had not used Mini from time.
Today i used Mini and I discovered that at 24/192 audio become intermittent. The screen of my DAC flashes with a Wright UNLOCK. If I change resolution to 24/96 all is working.
My DAC reports 96 and the music flows.
Never had before this behavior. At24/192 the Mini reproduced with no problems.
Some other has encountered this failure?
Any help is welcomed 😊

Hi to all @onlyoneme @Brantome
I solved my problem and..in the stupidest way. What annoyed me was not so much 96 rather than 192 Khz, in my opinion and also according to others, the difference by ear is zero, but the fact that a function that worked until recently would no longer work.
However I simply replaced my cable with the one supplied with the Mini and....... got 24/192 back as confirmed by the DAC display.
That says a lot about cables!!
Speaking of cables, I intend to buy the SMSL 500 MKIII DAC. When I get it I need an RCA cable to connect it to the Pre Amp.
How about the RCA cable that comes with the Pro? Is it okay or better to buy a better quality RCA cable?
I would like to know what you think
Cheers
The toslink cable that came with mini is lock and secured and best one to use. 96khz to 192khz I hear no difference. It’s looks good by just looking the number on dac display. To my ear 16/44 sounds best and the rest just sound soft and muffled.

The toslink cable that came with mini is lock and secured and best one to use. 96khz to 192khz I hear no difference. It’s looks good by just looking the number on dac display. To my ear 16/44 sounds best and the rest just sound soft and muffled.
Presumably 'cos those higher sample rates soften out that curve...
It must be true, I've seen it in the marketing spiel.
:devilish:

I am getting very distorted sound from speakers with the WiiM mini via TOS to smsl su1 external DAC

I replaced the cable, I changed the resolution but the problem persists.

How can I troubleshoot??

The tos plug is not very strong the cable seems not very firm there is no click when inserted

I am getting very distorted sound from speakers with the WiiM mini via TOS to smsl su1 external DAC

I replaced the cable, I changed the resolution but the problem persists.

How can I troubleshoot??

The tos plug is not very strong the cable seems not very firm there is no click when inserted
Does the problem persist using the wiim internal dac and not the smsl?

The problem is the plug fit is very loose. And the looseness varies with the DAC used.

Back