My WiiM Pro Plus (+) tests

By looking the thd graph of sweep signal both low and high over 10k, what I see is a thd which peaks at around 0.001. There is no way that so low thd even in the worst case scenario poses any issues..
Many times I've seen claims of hearing things that weren't even measurable. This one can at least be measured.

Hi Canard,

Sure thing. Our team is actively investigating the SMPTE test at low-frequency and will keep the community posted. Please stay tuned! Thank you all for your continued support.
onlyoneme continues to enrich the 1st message of this thread.. there has slipped a sweep distortion-frequency measurement which should interest your team... ;-)
(of course at all frequencies the distortion is much lower than the pro .. but there is something to clearly investigate and it's the right time ;-) )

Last edited:
Very low noise/jitter USB transceiver.
To connect it to the HQ DAC with very low noise usb port and very low jitter clock, right? Have you ever seen/heard the difference when the output usb port of the streamer was not so very low noise/jitter?

Would be great! My DAC option is able up to 384 via USB.
So when in 2075 the streaming services will deliver this resolution: I am ready 😇

Edit: My only fear is my ears then are not longer good enough.

Many times I've seen claims of hearing things that weren't even measurable. This one can at least be measured.
Yes you are right . Can you share if you heard any artifacts in sound ? I know you want to follow an order but let’s say I am eager to hear something preliminary!

Would be great! My DAC option is able up to 384 via USB.
So when in 2075 the streaming services will deliver this resolution: I am ready 😇

Edit: My only fear is my ears then are not longer good enough.
I looked at SMSL500MKIII Specs. Could you believe? Through USB it can reach 768 kHZ - 32 bit. Well, great, but... I wonder. Does it make practical sense? :unsure:

In automotive there is a saying: Nothing can substitute cubic capacity.
May be there is kind of a similarity and a DAC gets later tired if running wide below his possible rotation rate? 😇

Yes you are right . Can you share if you heard any artifacts in sound ? I know you want to follow an order but let’s say I am eager to hear something preliminary!
Provide me a public domain lossless CD quality content and I'll prepare a listening comparison.

Yes, it is the direct successor to the Pro, which will be released on 5th August.

Back