Need to Change Wifi from 5g to 2.4g Seems to be impossible

stretchl

The CHOOSE NETWORK option is only provided on the initial setup. SETTINGS --> NETWORK STATUS does not give an option to change the network.

Am I missing something or am I locked into 5g?

Thanks.

Wow. That's what I thought after reading a few posts here, but couldn't... quite... believe it. Not an auspicious start for using this new device.

Thank you, though!

Yes, WiiM don't have a network switching function.
To switch to 2.4Ghz, you need to factory reset your WiiM.
Wilmer, can you help me with one other question?

I have all my music as Apple Lossless files on a Mac Pro. I was using the Logitech Media Servcer and a Squeezebox Touch to stream music to my hifi system. Am I going to be able to use these files with my Wiim? Can you tell me how?

Thank you -

I have all my music as Apple Lossless files on a Mac Pro. I was using the Logitech Media Servcer and a Squeezebox Touch to stream music to my hifi system. Am I going to be able to use these files with my Wiim? Can you tell me how?

Thank you -
The most recent firmware for the Pro includes a Squeezelite client/target. There's a topic on this in the Music Services forum, as well as some discussion in this one on adding it to your LMS ecosystem (do a search). You may also want to check out the Material client as an alternative or additional controller to the Touch.

Thank you -
Sorry, I can't answer that question because I only use Amazon music. You can get a lot of information by searching for "LMS" on this forum. Also, there are excellent users here who will give you proper advice to your questions, so please wait for their answers. 😉

The most recent firmware for the Pro includes a Squeezelite client/target. There's a topic on this in the Music Services forum, as well as some discussion in this one on adding it to your LMS ecosystem (do a search). You may also want to check out the Material client as an alternative or additional controller to the Touch.
Thank you!

Back