New Deezer Connect released today

You of course have a link to Deezer's announcement for this, right? :rolleyes:

wonderful news for Deezer users. Maybe we can bypass a new Deezer API disaster with this connection.

Not for me on ios nor android. And nothing on their website nor Google. R/Deezer suggests there might be an official announcement from Deezer next week.

Wow. Can't believe deezer made it. Hope it will work for me on yamaha and on wiim too.

OK. I found info on german site that states it is only some kind of remote control option not a connect like in tidal or spotify. I am a bit confused now ..

present on deezer android beta...
but don't see the wiim mini or the chromecast...

present on deezer android beta...
but don't see the wiim mini or the chromecast...
I”d imagine WiiM would need some development work to accept a new Deezer Connect protocol. Didn’t they say they’d try to get details from Deezer as to what would be required?

finally if it's just a "remote control" as pointed....
will not change the fact that the service does not work with the mini in deezer application and wiim home
(and I hardly see the point of such a command)
:-(

Last edited:
finally if it's just a "remote control" as pointed....
will not change the fact that the service does not work with the mini in deezer application and wiim home
(and I hardly see the point of such a command)
:-(
“Remote control” could be used to describe current casting/connect mechanisms for Spotify, Amazon Music etc - the native app instructs the service to send a stream elsewhere and then can control that stream, pausing, resuming, adding tracks etc. Until we see Deezer Connect actually working with any target device, who can really say how it’s different from the others?

I sincerely hope that will work by communicating with the mini.. I will be the first to be delighted... for the moment, at home, the mini is not seen...

I sincerely hope that will work by communicating with the mini.. I will be the first to be delighted... for the moment, at home, the mini is not seen...
As I say, I’m not surprised you currently can’t see it. Have Deezer said which devices (e.g. amps etc) are compatible with this new feature?

what is more surprising or even worrying.. is that you don't see an audio chromecast...while the original "cast" function still works towards this one.....

so really what to wonder about the role of this "connect"

Just read Deezer’s release notes and I think it might be a while before there’s anything that will approach what Spotify et al do with their connect/cast mechanisms…

Back