New Home app version

Updated today WiiM home app, and oh my dear it has advertisements now! Is this really neccessary? Actually I don't want/need it. I paid 249€ for a WiiM Pro plus device and did not expect this. Disappointed...

Hey...what a reckless behavior from WiiM 😉
You get what you pay for, do not forget that. The WiiMs are cheap but good enough. As long as they only sometimes show ads for their own products. And I think it is not the first time. I've seen this before on one of the black, violet, pink and whatsoever "money saving" special days. Or are you angry because you paid a higher price?
There is a little x in the ad. Just try it and its gone at once.

Sure, if I put a "×" on it, the ad will disappear, but every time I launch the app, it will come back like a zombie (I just want to don't come back).

And that huge ad adds to the hassle of tapping Recently played.

I'm tired of the frequent full-screen ads on Amazon music apps, which is one of the reasons I love WHA. That's why it's so sad to see such huge ads on WHA.

@Wiimer
All ok. Ads are nearly always nerving. But for some reasons it can hold things cheaper..YT f.e. without ads or paid subscriptions would surely not survive. I know of course WiiM as a commercial hardware product is different.
But if it only appears for their own products on special occasions? May be there are a few new people in the community who enjoy such a hint?
As soon as they do ads for hotels or insurances I would be among the first who fight against 😂

Hey...what a reckless behavior from WiiM 😉
You get what you pay for, do not forget that. The WiiMs are cheap but good enough. As long as they only sometimes show ads for their own products. And I think it is not the first time. I've seen this before on one of the black, violet, pink and whatsoever "money saving" special days. Or are you angry because you paid a higher price?
There is a little x in the ad. Just try it and its gone at once.
Right it is gone then, but pops up right again when I go back to the home page of the app. And no, it's not about the price I paid. Maybe it happens only sometimes, I'm new but it happend immediately after I updated the app, so maybe I drew the wrong conclusion.

@Wiimer
All ok. Ads are nearly always nerving. But for some reasons it can hold things cheaper..YT f.e. without ads or paid subscriptions would surely not survive. I know of course WiiM as a commercial hardware product is different.
But if it only appears for their own products on special occasions? May be there are a few new people in the community who enjoy such a hint?
As soon as they do ads for hotels or insurances I would be among the first who fight against 😂
I would suggest to WiiM a buttion in the settings section to opt it out!

Back