No MQA after last update

Poland? Never! ;) We love to have Russians and Germans as neighbors!

Last edited:
Thats indeed frustrating. To be honest, this was the key feature why I bought it. If it were not running on my side, I would have send the device back. Hope it gets cleared for you quickly.
If I’m not mistaken it states on the WiiM Pro product page using Tidal Connect is the preferred method…although the Pro does have a basic Tidal app.

If I’m not mistaken it states on the WiiM Pro product page using Tidal Connect is the preferred method…although the Pro does have a basic Tidal app.
Do you mean the WiiM Home app? The app covers the mini as well and has included Tidal well before the Pro came out

To be precise. Mqa is supported only under condition of playing music from tidal Connect? Where is first unfold made then? Could you guys explain it?

Do you mean the WiiM Home app? The app covers the mini as well and has included Tidal well before the Pro came out
This is what I remember seeing when was researching the Pro. I never owned the mini.

Attachments

• 47018C97-49F4-48D4-AF44-7867D3349257.png
    47018C97-49F4-48D4-AF44-7867D3349257.png
    376.3 KB · Views: 17
To be precise. Mqa is supported only under condition of playing music from tidal Connect? Where is first unfold made then? Could you guys explain it?
The only difference I’ve found using Tidal natively from the Home app and Tidal connect, is the loss off MQA and a butt ton of functionality. What I haven’t tried is using the Home app to see if it now does the first unfold. The implication is that it does. The coax input on my Topping E50 is render only.

Just noticed another oddity.
Casting from the Qobuz app to the Wiim Pro, gapless does not work correctly.
There is a pause between tracks.
Playing Qobuz from the Wiim App works correctly

Just noticed another oddity.
Casting from the Qobuz app to the Wiim Pro, gapless does not work correctly.
There is a pause between tracks.
Playing Qobuz from the Wiim App works correctly
Isn’t that because Chromecast itself doesn’t support gapless, if I’m remembering previous conversations on the matter?
Edit: see

It does look as though playing from the Wiim App does not unfold the MQA
Tidal connect to Wiim Pro does unfold the MQA
Thanks! I wasn’t sure. I didn’t think it did but the new app version is not clear about what the MQA settings actually do. Before WiiM support confirmed the option to choose renderer only for the coax input of the E50 had been removed, I was leaning towards Mr. Ee’s option 2.

Last edited:
Lots of activity while I was sleeping!
Wiim confirmed, Feb 11, "The MQA is currently only supported for TIDAL Connect. The TIDAL in the WiiM Home App hasn't supported the MQA yet. We'll enable this support in WHA shortly."
@Brava210 - the latest wha app settings for mqa are a bit messed up, but it is possible to set up mqa with them, albeit unintuative.

Hi!
I just noticed tidal connect is sending mqa but wiim home app is not unfolding and my yamaha plays exactly the same quality as wiim now. Is it the case You mentioned in this treat?

Hi!
I just noticed tidal connect is sending mqa but wiim home app is not unfolding and my yamaha plays exactly the same quality as wiim now. Is it the case You mentioned in this treat?
There’s new wiim apps for iOS, they return renderer only, decoder and render only just like the one it has before.

Back