No MQA after last update

It's working correctly!
I would therefore assume the App update has caused these issues then?
The old App I downloaded has these options

nbNhHsMki9sL_4mCRV8vNiHNoj1T1CPvmnqdFQU2bmgmfyB7pjKGNeUO1-wtZvomNuXqAEQswuPMytsPfKt9t52STgGNB9a-kI8pjG-YDe9H1QgJtNl4juYEjcuzr6gVuCn2FCIIVjLHF0ddqNPbO5OXPidaOv75VM_On_FYbSDUW6B-eeUKnEV3gcb3Q_gYH7c3Q9KcyOGm4h5ktpGsIsaoR68qKPEjYCC8cAOMfFRzMzdeblUr5rH8SSMVzgIsLwxmJ82K8CoxU8fa5uW1bFwkHzBHwpdzTcTgWOAb5rkb3ghZkZ0u8OQE0C1bf9bMaj5ABWcYVVJynqIwTNgnKx_833UPbpOmydDTtuTm4uiEkBF_uvvdfxkUky3uxOTbDZ_yhrSE7b3pth0Z9uY93AkM57vXzxF8REwv6Fl9R15HeT6bSq3-uGCPSQ5du2zGJ0_tNnL8CPxwMPIAItHKCCBlNsZTe0IRidD5x1_7Uoc86_tIlOZlsldOy4aMi3s_RM505BKBaqSVYFgV3k7WMnq6oapXlND5N6JrIDxL5s8kOkBEK0FtRd2OpwGkpAfZiO5iiV16Lr0CrmyOn0uOZ_pi7ad1Z-lMRDTniBnx7zHDequlUQP0G8GvEgdG4KrCV4XZFPENHvTKM81I9gjgI55ovnbF0TJtiuQSdpGSyefmxnnLoF1qpxUwxiUX8p2Fd5SJJkQHU9pjiXA98lColNQaiNZMhLt5ItgpYVFfZRn9AAsmpCteRMj_F11MtDSvavStLbSDawmdkmoLfoc5GlIvMHejnBmDjRDR23sHD6jmzjq6vjxvOrMRYj3Bmfs66bNx7beFGTeXHvFPjomwlexq2kPDezLMyVxOWXnnAtII8dUTqjQKognNQb4JDhHM89tlRm5E7dT0gHFcSpsERMbVqqBDghEWUy3BuJ3CgyBVAgVs0Q=w763-h952-s-no

Last edited:
You would be correct. Thank you for the information about the app. If I didn't have Tidal on my laptop, I would roll back to the version you're using.

I assume Wiim are aware of this issue?
Yes. But the problem was not resolved. WiiM sent me an email stating that when they checked the debug log, it showed 96/16 for the coax resolution and I should set it to 192/24. When I checked, the coax output was already set to 192/24. Don't think that's the issue. I did let them know.

Not the issue. I'm not discussing the cost of Tidal. Feel free not to pay for something you obviously don't want or need. Paying for Tidal is completely subjective. Now, we all know which way you lean!
Yeah, it was just a bit of idle chit chat.
Apologies if you thought it didn't help you find a "resolution" ;)

Thought I'd post something that *might* be useful...
As noted, the options in WHA have changed.
Seems to me there are just 3 combinations now.
1. Mqa beta: off
2. Mqa beta: on, mqa capabilities: no mqa
3. Mqa beta: on, mqa capabilities: mqa

Maybe wiim need to clarify exactly what each combination does.
But here's one possible, hopefully logical, answer.

1. If everything else is set up to allow bit perfect, then surely this would mean an mqa-able signal is going to the dac? i.e. if the dac is a decoder, or decoder and renderer, then it could do so with this signal?
2. Wiim does the first unfold (decode), and that's it. Post processing, such as EQ, could still be done before output.
3. Choosing this says it will change the settings to enable bit perfect, except for max output resolution. The only thing that makes sense to me is that this is effectively stating that the dac is a renderer, so wiim does a decode and it automatically sets up the other settings to present that as bit perfect to the dac, i.e. no post processing.

Now, if only I leant the other way and had Tidal hifi plus to test any of this...

Thought I'd post something that *might* be useful...
As noted, the options in WHA have changed.
Seems to me there are just 3 combinations now.
1. Mqa beta: off
2. Mqa beta: on, mqa capabilities: no mqa
3. Mqa beta: on, mqa capabilities: mqa

Maybe wiim need to clarify exactly what each combination does.
But here's one possible, hopefully logical, answer.

1. If everything else is set up to allow bit perfect, then surely this would mean an mqa-able signal is going to the dac? i.e. if the dac is a decoder, or decoder and renderer, then it could do so with this signal?
2. Wiim does the first unfold (decode), and that's it. Post processing, such as EQ, could still be done before output.
3. Choosing this says it will change the settings to enable bit perfect, except for max output resolution. The only thing that makes sense to me is that this is effectively stating that the dac is a renderer, so wiim does a decode and it automatically sets up the other settings to present that as bit perfect to the dac, i.e. no post processing.

Now, if only I leant the other way and had Tidal hifi plus to test any of this...
Possibly. But Brava210 had the same issues until she rolled back to the previous app version.

I also have that issue. Before last update my Yamaha's internal DAC was showing MQA as 96kHz and now it only shows 48kHz. Wiim stopped doing the first unfold. What a shame!

Last edited:
This is a bit annoying! I am paying for tidal mqa. Maybe wiim stuff should test app first??? It was a big issue with bit-perfect, now that. People be more conservative!

Can only confirm. I just checked and mqa unfolding is working only when playing on tidal app. What a mess...

Back