PEQ bands

I don't know, but it would be nice.

Side question - is there a way to manually enter values for the GRAPHIC EQ without using the sliders? I'm trying to match an EQ I found on the web for my headphones and getting frustrated with the sliders.

I would like full integration with housecurve. Not so much more bands. Housecurve not only produces peq settings for room optimization but also fir filters for speaker time alignment. If cpu and ram cannot handle many bands or fir filters simultaneous application, provide the possibility for few bands and few fir filters in order to correct only the most important deficiencies.

Last edited:
Another request for HouseCurve integration (crikey that would out Wiim way ahead of the competition!) or even basic file import (see https://housecurve.com/) - @gregwilding has done and is continuing to do a remarkable job!! I spent hours fiddling with REW over the years, HouseCurve just did it in five minutes and it sounds better!! 😊

I'm just waiting for 10 band PEQ, l/r balance control and Qobuz Connect (on the way!) and I'm pretty sure I can say goodbye to Roon and slip a Pro into my main listening room... I wonder how it will sound compared to my Lumin U1 Mini?? :)

It's always best to open a ticket to ask them directly. I did and quickly got a reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

We plan to increase the PEQ bands to 6 or 8, but this update is scheduled for no earlier than the first quarter of next year. Please stay tuned!

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further inquiries or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support"

To me it does not matter if it takes long: just knowing that it will come eventually is already excellent news.

It's always best to open a ticket to ask them directly. I did and quickly got a reply:

"Thank you for reaching out to us.

We plan to increase the PEQ bands to 6 or 8, but this update is scheduled for no earlier than the first quarter of next year. Please stay tuned!

We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any further inquiries or need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support"

To me it does not matter if it takes long: just knowing that it will come eventually is already excellent news.
I think after all the peq was increase to more band it will follow up with room correction. I think that will be the ultimate update than anything else out there.

Another request for HouseCurve integration (crikey that would out Wiim way ahead of the competition!) or even basic file import (see https://housecurve.com/) - @gregwilding has done and is continuing to do a remarkable job!! I spent hours fiddling with REW over the years, HouseCurve just did it in five minutes and it sounds better!! 😊

I'm just waiting for 10 band PEQ, l/r balance control and Qobuz Connect (on the way!) and I'm pretty sure I can say goodbye to Roon and slip a Pro into my main listening room... I wonder how it will sound compared to my Lumin U1 Mini?? :)
I am thinking similar about Roon (I only subscribe for the PEQ) but my headphone setup is not connected to my Wiim system, unless it can stream via a home network to another endpoint (my PC that is attached to my JDS Element)? If it could do that then I have no further need for Roon, otherwise I'm missing EQ for my LCD-X which is a non starter, they absolutely need it.

Also general question: is there an Android equivalent of Housecurve?? Interestingly the room correction in the Sonos app is ios only

I think after all the peq was increase to more band it will follow up with room correction. I think that will be the ultimate update than anything else out there.
Integrating something like this into the remote would be relatively easy you'd think.

I am thinking similar about Roon (I only subscribe for the PEQ) but my headphone setup is not connected to my Wiim system, unless it can stream via a home network to another endpoint (my PC that is attached to my JDS Element)? If it could do that then I have no further need for Roon, otherwise I'm missing EQ for my LCD-X which is a non starter, they absolutely need it.

Also general question: is there an Android equivalent of Housecurve?? Interestingly the room correction in the Sonos app is ios only
When it comes to Android there is an enormous selection of hardware and software implementations.

This makes it easy for an end user to find a an Android device matching his/her exact needs and price - but less easy for a software developer such as HouseCurve to establish a uniform baseline for audio measurements across all these devices.

So that's probably why Sonos and HouseCurve stick to Apple where the selection is smaller.

BTW: I would love to see support for importing from HouseCurve or something similar as well!

Best regards
Martin

When it comes to Android there is an enormous selection of hardware and software implementations.

This makes it easy for an end user to find a an Android device matching his/her exact needs and price - but less easy for a software developer such as HouseCurve to establish a uniform baseline for audio measurements across all these devices.

So that's probably why Sonos and HouseCurve stick to Apple where the selection is smaller.

BTW: I would love to see support for importing from HouseCurve or something similar as well!

Best regards
Martin
Thanks Martin, yes I can understand that. Luckily my wife has an iPhone so I could hijack her device to do it.

Maybe WiiM could integrate the HouseCurve code completely into their Wiim App? That would be nice. Then everyone could do room correction directly with his smartphone and the Wiim App.

Edit: i guess that is exactly what @timiambeing meant in his earlier post.

I am happy new WIIM Pro Plus user. I just tested the PEQ and did some measurements in REW before. A) Fantastic that PEQ is available. This is a huge advantage! B) I have read several times that more PEQ bands are planned (currently there are only 4). This would be another great step forward! I am tuning old Hifi systems which often have the problem to be too hot in the highs. Therefore, I need PEQs for room correction in the bass and a few more to smoothly tame the highs. Usually, I need 8-10 bands for a good/great tuning. C) Temporarily, I might invest some time to play with the 10-band EQ. Does anybody know which Q-factor is used in this EQ. Knowing the Q-Factor would help to configure the EQ in REW manually.

I am happy new WIIM Pro Plus user. I just tested the PEQ and did some measurements in REW before. A) Fantastic that PEQ is available. This is a huge advantage! B) I have read several times that more PEQ bands are planned (currently there are only 4). This would be another great step forward! I am tuning old Hifi systems which often have the problem to be too hot in the highs. Therefore, I need PEQs for room correction in the bass and a few more to smoothly tame the highs. Usually, I need 8-10 bands for a good/great tuning. C) Temporarily, I might invest some time to play with the 10-band EQ. Does anybody know which Q-factor is used in this EQ. Knowing the Q-Factor would help to configure the EQ in REW manually.
If wiim can incorporate a room correction it will do it for you, it was mentioned before but been silence since then.

If wiim can incorporate a room correction it will do it for you, it was mentioned before but been silence since then.
Room correction would also be a great addition. For me manual PEQ ist still more important, since I like to tune the sound to a specific house curve and I have no problem to do some measurements in REW to check what to do.

Room correction would also be a great addition. For me manual PEQ ist still more important, since I like to tune the sound to a specific house curve and I have no problem to do some measurements in REW to check what to do.

You may have no problem, but many find REW close to impenetrable, certainly at first.

Back