PEQ bands

In my experience that mess between 100 to 400 Hz is difficult to measure and fix. I leave it alone.

The best use is below 100 Hz where usually the room modes are shown loud and clear.

In my experience that mess between 100 to 400 Hz is difficult to measure and fix. I leave it alone.

The best use is below 100 Hz where usually the room modes are shown loud and clear.
Agreed - corrections up there are likely to affect the "voicing" of ones system, rather than room oddities.
I just got carried away by the ease of it all! :)

/Martin

Is housecurve easier to use than REW?
I have yet to try REW... But from what I have seen, I would go out on a limb and say yes. :)

The two apps are very different animals.
REW is PC-only (Windows, MacOS or Linux) and requires an external microphone, for proper measurements.
It is free, provided you have a PC and microphone - but from the guides I have seen, it takes some time to work with, for a beginnner.

HouseCurve is iOS-only (iPhone or iPad) and uses built-in microphone - but can also use external microphone.
It is a rather simple one-device / few-clicks app and can airplay sweep-sequence directly to WiiM - but it costs (10$?) if you want it to output equalization parameters for you.

Both apps can perform measurements and output PEQ-parameters for use with WiiM.
But currently you cannot import PEQ-files in WiiM. So for both apps you will need to enter the app's suggestions manually in WiiM's PEQ.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your earlier post about REW. So I guess that you are already familiar with that. :)

/Martin

Last edited:
Is housecurve easier to use than REW?
Housecurve one can be up and dangerous with an iPhone in a few minutes.

Rew is an investment in time, requires a mic, calibration, knowledge.

Pocket calculator versus laboratory instrument.

Advice on 100-400 seems spot on, where I am having most trouble. Seems to really impact “thwap” and “twang”

no news on the enrichment of the number of bands in peq mode on pro and "plus"??

(see, even if I'm not concerned, enrichment of subwoofer mode ( amp) ?)

Last edited:
Back