Qobuz & Wiim Pro and Mini

My reading of that was not just ChromeCast devices but non-Google devices with “Chromecast built in” such as those mentioned in this link https://stereo-magazine.com/review/chromecast-audio-review

As I understand it, Spotify Connect was developed around 2013 as was ChromeCast so Spotify didn’t need ChromeCast
hi @Brantome
Correct, with Spotify i use Spotify Connect and it is 24/192, i think Gapeless. It's time that i don?t use Sptify. Now i have the free version after having resigned the subscription to Spotify Premium.

a) Apple and b) Google ;)

But seriously,here are a lot of Apple users and Apple sees Airplay as the way to cast audio from their devices, but it is in serious need of some work to support hi res as you’re aware. Plus ChromeCast is currently very useful for casting from the Qobuz app up to 24/96 until they release their own Connect mechanism later this year.
@Brantome
"until they release their own Connect mechanism later this year."
Will they do ? Or will be like Spotify HD announcements? :unsure:
Of course i hope they will ;)

Spotify connect integrates with chromecast afaik so it probably depends on where you are using it to wether you can have 192Khz/24bit. Qobuz connect would probably first have to be integrated in the WIIM firmware if it comes.

When we talk about sound quality of streaming services for me Spotify is the evil in person.
It is their OGG codec...miles away from 24/192. It is more or less mp3 with 320 kb.
Can you hear the difference? A question everyone has to answer himself. For me the answer is clear. Otherwise I would be satisfied with a bluetooth cube. Is it worth spending a tiny amount of money more for, as an example Qobuz? Yes, otherwise you do not need a WiiM. Also I will never understand which features make the Spotify app supposed so much better than others?!

Also I will never understand which features make the Spotify app supposed so much better than others?!

Personally I think that's largely down to human nature not liking change and they were one of the 1st in the market and have a number of subscribers as a result who then try an alternative and don't like the learning curve of a new App so default to "Preferring" Spoitify's App.

Last edited:
Spotify connect integrates with chromecast afaik so it probably depends on where you are using it to wether you can have 192Khz/24bit. Qobuz connect would probably first have to be integrated in the WIIM firmware if it comes.
Just that. If it comes

Hi @bradavon
I have Qobuz and this is my experience :
Qobuz native App via Chromecast > 24/96 No Gapeless
BubbleUPnP> 24/192 Gapeless
Mconnect> 24/192 Gapeless
WHA>24/192 should be Gapeless. Don't know exactly because i don't use WHA.
All of the above confirmed by my DAC display. ;)
Thanks man. This is useful.

Nothing beats actual user feedback.

It's long overdue Google released a High Res Chromecast.

I understand it, Spotify Connect was developed around 2013 as was ChromeCast so Spotify didn’t need ChromeCast
I've not used Tidal Connect so can't comment but as a platform Spotify Connect I'd exceptional.

Much better than Chromecast, Airplay etc...

I also think as a platform Spotify is one of the best.

Lossless CD quality is badly needed but my giessyi it's not happened because of the overheads to run it e without the feel I picked Apple and Amazon have.

They can afford to run at a loss if needed.

I've often thought the same and have quite extensively googled all versions of quality of one streaming provider (say Tidal) vs another (say Qobuz) to see what comes up and overall they didn't seem to do badly .... I wonder if it's just bad press from people that don't like them as a company / their practices as opposed anything to do with the quality of music they supply.
A negative from a music perspective, whilst surprisingly they "played ball" with WiiM and the casting option, I belive with a lot of other devices you don't have the same casting option you may with say Tidal and Spotify which may be a reason to chose an alternative.

Personally whilst I don't like Amazon as a company and if there was as good an alternative (including usability and not just for music) I'd swap in an instance (hence my trial of Qobuz) but I'm not in the business of "cutting my nose to spite my face" so just regard them as a necessary evil.
Ha ha no.

I buy elsewhere too as people only going to Amazon is a problem.

Nowz Qobuz and Amazon Music are roughly the same price, if there was a way to play Qobuz 24/192 tracks wirelessly I'd absolutely give it a go.

The Amazon Music app needs work and I like the Idea of Qobuz music editorials.

Last edited:
Exactly the experience as @Maurizio here.
I do not know why protocols like Airplay and Chromecast are still in use.
Chromecast is a device not a protocol.

Google Cast and Airplay are very affordable remember.

You can cast lossy audio or 1080p video guaranteed to basically any device. That's all most people want.

Plus ChromeCast is currently very useful for casting from the Qobuz app up to 24/96 until they release their own Connect mechanism later this year.
This is confirmed thanks?

Word obviously then take months to be added to devices.

Back